WTB.....02J parts

Listed below are misc parts that are needed for a tranny overhaul I was doing on the side for a member here. With a now-notified short deadline, I’m unsure if the dealer will be able to locate and ship these parts in by the time the gearbox needs to be back together. Won’t know until Monday, so until then I’m asking if any of the VW nuts on here have spares kicking around other than Mike W.

O2J input shaft, 10 tooth first gear, 18 tooth second gear.

OR

Early o2J(large sycro dog tooth) first main shaft gear, 34 tooth, to use with a 9first/17second input shaft.

Also need the lower shifter rod support. It’s the two bolt flange piece in the bottom of the gear case that supports the lower end of the shifter.

The problem is I have multiple gear sets the customer picked up from Mike W here, but cannot make a good complete gear set from any of it due to damage on various parts. His OE input shaft has a heavily pitted first gear and I will not use it. I would prefer to get the proper ratio input shaft, but if necessary I can use the one good IP shaft Mike had with a matching 1-2 gear/selector hub cluster. Problem there is the matching #1 gear is damaged.

Thanks

Adam I have some 02a parts the trans are nearly
Identical internal wise

Correct. Can you check for the above two big parts and let me know if you have the appropriate ratios/tooth counts? 1st drive gear is the largest on the main stack. Input shaft is self explanatory.

Thanks Dave.

tom hansen?

I have a complete mk3 vr spec o2a it’s not apart so I’m not sure if the ratios

Ah good point, I’ll call him tomorrow. Thanks

Dave, would you be willing to sell separate parts or are you looking to dump the whole gearbox?

I’d have to look and see

Well at this point he’s likely going to need it as dealer cannot source the parts in time. Sent you a PM.