WTB 1990 Corvette Wheels

The ones he is looking for are one year one model only… Def. gonna be hard to come by for a good price.

1 yr only if ZR1. Reg 'vette used them for a few years. ZR1 ia 11" wide rear wheels.

1 year only for regular vette, and for ZR1. the 88 & 89 had centercaps

gotcha

found a set for cheap on ebay. they need refinished which is no big deal. I’m still searching for a set of 11" ZR1 rear rims, so again, if you see anything, let me know.

first rim was just delivered
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/aeroking17/Syclone%202009/010408-02.jpg

congrats. can’t wait for friday TNT again. should be fun. just let me know if you need anything hauled to track as i hope to make a few trips there this year.

set i got is mint compared to that. coulda saved you the hassle of dealing with GM cleared wheels.

don’t you think 11’s are overkill thou? i mean how much HP you tryin to put down? your gonna be hard pressed to get a set because that is the year the ZR1 is worth the most money. no one is seperating them from their cars.

sweet…cant wait to see them on brandon

they were $80 for 4, couldnt pass that up if i tried. most sets go for $200-$300

the point of gong 11s in the back isnt so much for more traction, although that’s what i’ll get. I want 11s in the back so i dont have to run spacers.

why would you have to run spacers with 9’s? where is the clearence issue? are the stock ty/sy wheels offset different front and rear?

Is the offset different, it wont matter much unless they are staggered? Not to mention… is the 1.5" worth the money your gonna spend, will it really be that noticeable… I not sure I ever saw the 9.5" all around

the stock wheels are a different offset. running same size wheels on all four, the rears stick in 1.25", and require spacers/adapters to be even with the fronts. however, the 11" vette wheels have enough offset that they line up perfect, without spacers. i dont want to run spacers. and the only solution to that is to find a set of 11" ZR1 wheels.

No but what I am saying is do you think the 1.25" on each side will be a noticeable eye sore? For instance, I think Chris’s on his HD sticks out about 1.5" on each side because the 14bff is narrower… but I dont think you could really tell unless he told ya. If I was you id throw em on first and see… maybe it wont be that noticeable and you can save yourself from droppin more money

Btw… wheels look great, cant wait to see em cleaned up and mounted

better buy stock in mothers if you gonna run them bare aluminum. i’ll never run bare alum again!

when the front tires are flush with the body and the rears are 1.25" in on both sides (2 1/2" less track width in the back, from the front), its DEFINITELY noticeable.

cleanup isnt that difficult, i did 1 of the Syclone wheels last year. took me a couple days but it came out looking brandy new. The vette wheels arent scratched, they’re just peeling, like my truck wheels were. Even if i dont use this particular set, $20 a piece for GM wheels is a good deal. I’ll clean them up anyways, incase it gets late into spring and i dont have wheels to run.

powdercoat them black and call it a day! Can’t wait to see it when they are done!

that look is played out. you cant tell wheel style when its black.

:rolleyes: they might be a type of black

black on black is too much. u lose the wheels style and its too much black. black mesh/spokes with polished rim is a much different look and timeless. any kinda gun metal finsh just looks as if the wheels are dirty.

Black chrome ftmfw!