WTB: ANY Beater...

that time of year again, the Z goes off the road, only this year i dont have the luxory of a beater on hand…last year i drove my sister’s car while she was away at college in NYC, but this year that car is going to my younger sister who just got her license…so i’ll be needing a beater, and i’d like to get on it now so the snow doesnt come and i’m still looking…

i prefer import, but it’s a beater, so if something dumbestic for cheap comes along i wont discriminate…

i prefer manual over auto, just because it’s more fun…but like already mentioned, i’m willing to flex…

high mileage doesn’t scare me one bit…it just has to make it through a year, maybe two…

one thing i’m kinda strict on is price…i’d like to stay below the $650 range…so obviously i’m not looking for anything over reliable or clean, i just need something that like i said, will run for a year or two…and it has to have working heat/defrosters…nothing else really.

just testing waters here to see what kinda feedback i can get, what’s out there and available to me, and what people think of my requests (ie, am i being reasonable in thinking i can find a beater of these specifications for that price)

$500 is going to get you a rust bucket that will make it through winter with small repairs such as brakes, plugs/wires, etc.

a rust bucket is exactly what i’m looking for…as long as it will run for one, maybe two winters, and has heat and defrosters, that’s all i care…

there was an ef hatch in pieces on here for like 300, with another 300 into it would make a nice dd

also been some crx’s and what not, search around in the classifieds a bit

For $1k, mpd47 is selling his 325is in a couple days or a week. Will run for at least a couple of winters, the engine is very strong and it has a new manual tranny. Body is ok as well, structurally. Couple of dents though. Would make an amazing daily.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18552

91 cavalier runs great has a slight gas leak drivers door dont open from the outside needs front strut 75 bucks.

my red truck can go for $650… thats about what you get for that much.

it has front brakes now too!!!

what red truck?

I’ll vouch for this truck, would make an awsome winter beater. brakes are :tup:.

What truck is this got a pic?

ha the same truck that already tried to kill me once…no thanks…i really do wanna try and stay away from trucks/suv’s…even with gas prices going down…it’d still be nice to get a nice light 4 banger to get 30mpg in and pocket an extra $40 a week…

I can get a pic when my phone isn’t shitty.

It is in the background here:

not to thread jack, but can you get me a little more info plus the good and bad.

91 chevy, 130k
pretty rotted, but the cab seals nice.

V6, auto.

Exhaust leak, doesn’t bother me, so I haven’t investigated it.

No back brakes, never got around to fixing them, they are blocked off @ the dist block under the hood. Could just replace lines, and you would be fine.

Front brakes are really really nice.

Starts and runs great, has been my DD for almost a yr now, but I have a 4x4 I’ll be driving through the winter.

Specs on that -
88 GMC Sierra SL
4" suspension lift
31s on it now, will clear 36s
pic w/ 36s:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/Truck/36s_side2.jpg

Pic of it mudding (best way to test the 4x4 before you hit the snow with it):
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/Truck/mud14.jpg

This one it is a V8 305, w/ 5 spd. Motor/tranny are perfect… no problems.

Honestly, I make too much money to be driving these things around, but they sometimes aren’t worth selling, because they don’t look the greatest, but they drive awesome. If I get what I want for one of them, this one being $1200, I will sell the other one dirt cheap, and buy something new. But until then, I will enjoy not having a car payment.
Call if you want to check them out, I work in Amherst near Buffalo Wild Wings, and I live in Akron.

Thanks,
Jack
901-1081

EDIT: Sorry, I was going to make that a PM… but I guess I can leave it here in case Andy wants a 4x4

no problem. i like the gmc. I am trying to sell my s10 so i can get a bigger truck like the ones you are selling or for a car do to my daughter coming soon. If i can sell my s10 i definatly want that gmc.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18980

my friends brother has a stanza forsale with like 90k on it or something. i know the original owner too shes an old lady friend of my dads and they sold it to my friends brother. so if its ever been beat on it was for only about half a year since hes now gotten a newer toyota. its located on tonawanda creek in niagara county between transit and minnick if your interested. i think he only wants like 400 bucks for it or something.

this was my winter beater last yet…really an awosme truck and will never elt u down. i was stupid when i dols it. and to be honest, if i dont get a beater soon, i may just buy it back lol.

http://rochesterdsm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3414&highlight=

A good car. I checked it out, I want it. But I do not have the space for 4 cars right now. I can obviously afford it, just no room.