WTB: B5 A4

looking for a b5 audi a4. i’d prefer a 00-01 1.8t 5 speed but i wouldn’t mind a 2.8 v6 5 speed. Mileage isn’t too much of a concern, but i would like it under 145k. Not too picky about a color or it’s stock or modified. My budget is about 5 grand. I’ve been looking all over & haven’t had too much luck but i figured someone on here may have a lead on 1. just let me know. thanks

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8276/berendrecht01iz3.jpg

OMG RESIZE YOUR SIG

This belongs in the Market Place, killer. And second on that sig comment, Jesus.

for a while there has been a Pelican blue 01 A4 1.8tqm for sale up in CP. for like 4 grand.

have you done much research? for a little more you can buy a stockish S4. mileage isnt a too big deal if the maintenance is up to date (TB,WP,fluids, etc)but beware of the common “wear items” associated with the cars (turbos, clutch, brakes etc)
B5s are notorious for control arms issues, ABS Module failures, and wheel bearings. along with the other quirks of a VW/Audi vehicle.

a decent service history and record keeping is good to look at. higher mileage cars will most likely need a clutch in the near future if they havent already had one changed. stock 1.8t/2.8 clutches are pretty chincy to begin with in stock form, so a chipped/exhaust 1.8t is sure to have a stressed clutch.

look around there are tons of good deals to be had on audi zine, fourtitude/vwvortex. just have to look and have a bit of product knowledge prior to the purchase.

Yeah… Try to keep it under 300 pixels tall and it should be ok. Shrink the font down too. Most larger forums only allow for a height of 150 pixels and width of 500 pixels JSYK.

resize sig or ban

Moderator, please move this to the marketplace asap with new title. “WTB: B5 Audi A4”

3 post at the same time! You would think we planed it.

YEAH DO SOME DAMN WORK MODS!

Yeah i’ve been looking for about 2 months now. i know an s4 would be the better route to go, just gotta find a decent 1. trust me i’d love an s4. you have anymore info on that a4 you mentioned? like a link or contact?