wtb: cheap tach for winterbeater

like the title says want to by some kind of cheap tach for my beater, please no huge sweet tachs 2" please or a lil bigger, not that picky

What do you need a tach for on a beater?

:whogives: because i would like to knowwhere my revs are, its gunna be for a 91 civic hatch 4spd, and i just dont like not having a tach so just sell me one.

http://www.prosportgauges.com/ They have a few there.

I’m just trying to save you a few bucks. The only reason you need a tach is if you are running it right to redline before shifting. Otherwise, if you have enough power to run in the next gear, shift.

Besides, if you wanted to be super sweet, you’d swap in an Si cluster that has a tach on it already.

I’ve got a 3in autometer, no directions and about 4in of wires out the back, idk what its worth, 40?

autozone ftw

[quote=“sureshot007,post:5,topic:39631"”]

Besides, if you wanted to be super sweet, you’d swap in an Si cluster that has a tach on it already.

[/quote]

2nd, just get an Si cluster, that’s what I’m doing in my race car, I don’t need a huge tach with shift light and all that crap for a 70hp race car. Just make sure it’s a 90 or 91 cluster, an earlier one won’t work.