WTB: Complete honda engine...

Yup…it finally happened…lol…

while my current shell is total trash, i know it’s trustworthy…i dont wanna take the chance of buying a whole new hatch and having a ton of other small problems…i want to keep this shell because i know what i have in it, a rust bucket yes, but it’s sound for the most part…

i dont care what you have, if i can drop it in my car and have it run, and run well for a while, i’ll take it…

the shell is a 1991 civic dx hatch with the 4-speed manual transmission. i dont know if this tranny is compatible with all or any other engines than the one it comes with…so educate me there please.

i’d prefer finding something just like it had so i dont have to worry about a new ecu, harness, axles, etc…the cheapest drop-in-and-drive engine i can find…

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47135

how much would an intake manifold cost for something like that? i doubt the one off my current 1.5 would work lol…

i’m not looking to go fast, or have anything performance related at all…this was my beater, i paid $400 for the whole car lol…while it would be a blast to have something a bit faster in it, it’s not what i’m after.

that complete motor for $350 sounds like a steal…but i’m assuming a lot more work will need to be done to make it compatible with my shell…if it was $350 for everything i need to put that motor in my car, start it, and drive…it would be sold right now, but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

edit:

i also doubt that engine will work with the tranny i have…

Intake mani’s are pretty cheap. This won’t be super fast or anything, but it should work for your application. Honda shit is suuuuuper cheap.

GL with it.

JUST GET IT OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY!!! :slight_smile:

if im right his car is DPFI ?
so that rules out si motors cause he prob doesnt want to MPFi swap the car.
stock motor in his Dx is a D15B2. i have one here that just need the head put on and i have the new head gasket for it motor is in great shape.
the trans u have is compatable with all d series motors but if u wanted a little more out of it look for an Si trans, or even an Ex trans

any idea on a price? as long as the motor is capable of running once i toss the head on it, i’ll take it…

if you want to know ANYTHING about compatibility between motors/generations/intake manifolds… just pm me. i’ll let you know what works, what doesnt, and what needs to be modified to make things work.

think you can just post up a list for me of what engines i can use as a direct drop in, or which options would be the easiest and cheapest for me?

and then maybe name a few that would require minimal modification to make work?

thanks…

i got a jdm D15B sohc vtec longblock (jdm 1.5L equivalent of our D16Z6), has a usdm z6 intake mani with it for use in usdm cars. I’m 85% sure you can run your existing trans with it.

$250

what about the fuel pump i have…and all the wiring/computer shit?

if it will work, i’m very interested.

mileage?

and i know there’s no question this engine probably burns oil, but about how much did it go through when it was in a car?

you dont want that sohc vtec swap. there is a complete swap being sold on roclife… i’ll get the dudes info. its cheap. i pmed you too, lots of info.

who was this in reply to?

idk much about hondas at all, someone else will have to tell you if its interchangable for you car, but i’d take $125 for this motor if it would wok for you. as far as i know it just needs a water pump. it was Laymones motor. http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42626

that one will work. nearly plug and play. you’ll just need to swap over your intake manifold and distributor, and swap the plug on the coolant sensor. use your stock wiring harness, clutch, flywheel, and transmission.

get a 5 speed transmission