high hp turbo honda engine info

just playing with engine swap ideas. I know how to make a lot of power with my SHO but i can’t get a decent transmission for it. So here is my delema. I have another SHO sitting in storage with a bad engine and no transmission. I have a engine for it and I could buy a junk yard transmission for it boost the line pressure and run a 200shot or 250 shot and have a quick daily or I could get rid of the 250lb transmission +14 qts of fluid and the nearly 600lb engine in favor of a light weight 4 cylinder.

the 86-88 taurus was origionaly equiped with a 4cyl as a base option so I was thinking about 4cyl lightweight options. obviously I have no interest in that engine becuase it was junk and the tranny was junk and on top of that they are super rare… and junk

what honda engines are all alum and can make around 500hp and have a transmission that will handle it reliably. and how much will a build cost.

edit: a swap would be super easy. all i would have to custom make is mounts and axles

hahaha loser like usual

still a idiot as usual

is that a question?

and if so yes i am

So that begs the question, you have and engine you love and a chassis that while stiff is overweight like woah. Why not just buy a whole fully loaded accord, and boost that. That way you can retain the shitty FWD, and still have a reasonably overweight sedan thats a bit easier to keep together.

Sometimes I wonder how I am even related to you. :slight_smile:

i’m with fuzzy, per usual

since the saving grace of a taurus is the V6 yamaha engine, take that away and well

you kinda have just a taurus…

DUDE WHY
GO HONDA!!!

put in a turbo zetec with a MTX-75 from a countour or a cougar and get a LSD and a stage 5 clutch and your set

im not even kidding there are a large handful of focuses running stock transmissions with nothing but a good clutch and an LSD making 4-500whp just fine going 5+ years strong.

and if you get your swap for a focus donor with a computer of code “LFQ0” i can tune your car if all you get is a xcal2 flash programmer for $250

and i am being dead serious do it!

Fuck the manuals, autotragic boost is where it’s at… err wtf did I just say that.

And comfy turbo cars are fun too. :slight_smile:

Or maybe some older Infiniti’s with the VQ30DE, and your turbo setup.

RWD + Turbo + V6 + More Luxo

username circletrackSHO on shoforum got his AUTOMATIC SHO down to 2900lbs the engine and trans is about 800lbs add a 500hp poursource and you are at 2500lbs maybe. the taurus platform is extremely rigid and handles great + chassie parts are 10 times cheaper than honda stuff.

I don’t want a focus engine. they are too expensive to build i’m looking for cheap.

I am just looking for pricing and a bit of info about honda engines. i’m not looking to search for 4 days on hondatech for a answer.

Turbo Infiniti J30 > Turbo SHO :slight_smile:

That way you have all your existing benefits. Plus the possiblility of a tranny that can take it.

having money to afford that > not

be sure to go inexpensive and not cheap… experience tells me going the cheap route usually means you spend more time and money fixing it in the long run. i destroyed 3 gm stock rear ends in my f-body because i didn’t want to spend alot of money… in the end i bought a 12 bolt moser that i should have bought the first time and i spent almost 5000 total because i tried fixing the axle 2x and then had to buy the moser anyway. look at the long run so you don’t do what i did

If you think swapping an engine from a Honda into a ford, and bulding the internals to hold the power you can make is cheaper than buying a 10+ year old car. I think you might be a bit wrong there.

a turbo honda isnt really THAT cheap to build. In order to see those numbers you will need a b-series motor with a fully built bottom end(maybe head work too, i dont really know) and a GOOD turbo kit. That means prolly a tubular manifold, a turbo that can make 500hp, and a good IC, at the least. Stock transmission probably wouldnt last too long like that either.

So I dont really know what ur definition of cheap is, but im guessing that the minimum for doing all that I mentioned is probably around $5k. That is an “off the top of my head” number for motor + clutch + turbo + manifold + IC + random parts n fittings.

edit: i left out bov + wastegate + piping costs + turbo cooling system

K20’s are great motors but there not on the cheap. Boosted H22?

is there any good online stores I can check out?

www.atpturbo.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-INFINIT-J30-SUPER-MECHANIC-SPECIAL-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ220142981088QQihZ012QQcategoryZ31843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How the hell did he do that?

There is a lot of excess weight that can be removed, most of which people never focus on.

YellowSHO was quite near 2600-2700 on a 1st gen MTX I believe.