WTB: D series motor (pref OBD2 but all considered)

well, the ek hatch i just bought seems to be developing a slight knock. rather than fuck with it, i’d rather just but a fresher d series in it.

its a 96 hatch, so i highly prefer a d16y7 or d16y8. i want one that doesnt burn oil, and doesnt make weird noises. i’ll take a d15 if its nice, and cheap… i’ll just have to put an obd2 oil pump on it so i can keep it legal. basically, if you have a clean sohc in your possession, offer it to me. i’d prefer a longblock, but all i really NEED is a bottom end, so dont be afraid to offer me a shortblock, its just gotta be complete and assembled.

let me know what you have, im ready to buy.

I have a d16y8 longblock for $250, 15,000-20,000 miles fron what I was told,compresion test was perfec

i guess i didnt clarify enough.

i need a RUNNING, GOOD CONDITION longblock or shortblock. i dont want it to have been boosted, and i dont want ones with spun bearings. thanks

i think i got one…

Whats wrong with the one he has :gotme:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45344

$65 get it out of my garage

because it was boosted before

i think i found a complete y7 motor local, but if its not what im told it is, i’ll buy that, def.

is this ek going up for sale or for personal use?

personal use. its my gf’s car. we just got it, drove it for a week, and now the motor has developed a knock.

put the d16y8 in last night that i got from elmisterioso last night. hatchback is back to running good.