WTB: Decent DD in the $2500 range

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:5,topic:37641"”]

could a taurus run to 200k yes, will you replace 5 trannys yes, and its going to cost you way more in the long run.

Stop hanging out with Xander he is brain washing you

I would take a accord that has not been well maintained over a very well maintained taurus anyday

[/quote]

My parents had a 99 accord with 150K plus, the trunk would not open, the gas lines were leaking, the clutch was toast, the transmission would pop out of gear and still got a good buck when they sold it. Good if your the seller, bad if your buyer.

Sure I rather have a accord than a taurus, but the price difference for comparable cars is not worth it when buying used in this area.

Even if something goes wrong, domestic is always going to be cheaper to fix and maintain. I think domestics have caught up to imports in the reliablity market in recent years, but some people like my parents would never buy a domestic again because of problems with older cars. Of course there are exceptions, but all you have to do is a little research on the net to find out whats good and whats not.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ford-makes-big-reliability-strides/story.aspx?guid={F80F2CFE-E731-4C65-ADEF-5B6413702B84}