Car for 10,000 or less.(automatic)

Looking for a car for my sister. Must be AUTOMATIC. No crap need something with lower miles. Imports prefered but some domestics would be considered.Post up what you have with pics and price.

What is low mileage to her, and why is everyone who knows nothing about cars so hung up on miles?

under 80,000 She currently drives a 91 accord with 200,000 on it so to be honest thats why its an issue to her. Shes 20 and its going to be her first nice car and cant justify having a car payment on a car that has 100k + and i dont really blame her after driving a 20 year old accord for 3 years to want something with alot less wear and tear on it. It depends on the car. 100k on a well taken care of civic is a lot different than 100k on say a mazda, ford ect. Like I said post up whats you have and it will be considered worst she can say is no.

i can understand where she’s coming from. It is difficult to invest alot in a car with 150k because in a few years it has 200k and when you want to resell it nobody wants it because of the miles.

gotta 2003 vw passat 55,200 miles $6k and its hers

EDIT: also just inspected at the end of february so she’s good for about a year

i will spread the word as soon as shes home and see if she likes it.

anyone else??

dam it lol i own all 100+k miles cars even 200+k miles car lol.

Me too. I actively seek out high mileage cars. Generally as long as they are clean and drive nice you know they were well maintained. Also the peace of mind in that all the things that normally fail between 90K-100K (alternators, water pumps, wheel bearings, ect…) have already been taken care of to last long until 180K-200K. Most modern engines can and will last long into the 400K-500K range as long as the bodys hold up around them and mileage has nothing to do with that. I would never buy an older low mileage car, that means it has sat or was only driven short distances it’s whole life, the two worst things for your average car. My .02

for the most part this is def true about older cars with lower miles. I personally have only owned 2 cars out of the 14 ive owned that had less than 120k on them and almost all of them drove like cars that had 50 because they were well taken care of. I would snag the audi you got up for sale if i were her but german cars are more expensive to maintain/ fix than hondas or cheap jap cars.

Just up from Southern PA

Bump for Krant, looks like exactly what this thread is looking for :tup:

quatro how much what year model accord is it?

Its an 02 Accord Special Edition. What makes it a “Special Edition” I’m not exactly sure of. It does have a moonroof if the pictures don’t show that too well, and, the trim around the doors is not blue like the pictures sort of show it to be. Has 4 brand new tires, brakes are great, and you can see the car is spotless. I’m looking to get $8500 due to the condition and the fact that all the metal is still present on this one. I can’t believe how bad they rot around the rear arches up here-I’ve seen similar cars where the rear arches are rotted completly from WNY winters.

No real need to sell this but I do have a 2nd car I could drive so if I can sell it great, if not oh well
I got an 06 4dr Honda Accord with around 55k
black
special edition
real nice, always did oil etc etc etc
looks just like this

Looking to get $13,500
If you want pics let me know

I agree 100%. The cars hovering around 100K generally need EVERYTHING.

man that thing looks mint. shes looking at a few and said shed consider it soo ill keep you posted.

def a nice car but her max is 10500 tops

:tup: Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, it is SO worth it in my eyes to spend a bit of time and find a really nice one.

How do you figure 10500 tops? Check out whats its worth and what they are going for

He wasn’t saying that’s what your car is worth. He was saying that his GF’s max budget is 10500.