WTB : E34

Looking to buy an E34 (88 to 96 five series), only requirements are a healthy motor, drivetrain, manual trans, and good paint. And 2500 or lower. Im in buffalo but willing to travel.Pm me.

lol good luck

+1

• lol

Oh cool thanks guys

well, there are a few factors of common sense here.

1. it’s a 20-25 year old car. lot of maintenance needs to be performed in that amount of time. early 525i’s came with m20’s, timing belt car. every 60-70k they snap if not replaced. Also in the nikasil era for the 540’s. Need to find out if the block was replaced. Manual trans? how are the 25 year old clutch hydraulics? When was the last time the clutch was replaced?

Find one well maintained? Gonna cost a premium.

1. good paint. This is buffalo. There are cars that are 5 years old that you can put your hand through the sheet metal. Going to have to travel south to find a good body, then pray for good paint, as the sun eats up clearcoat if not properly maintained. You say you’re willing to travel, but if you want a southern car the north is not a good place to look for it. Find one up here in good shape? You guessed it, gonna cost a premium.

2. under $2500? 2500 is what you’ll pay for a clapped out e34. Then spend 5 figure$ stripping, blasting, painting, and rebuilding.

Want a decent 20-25 year old german luxury car? gonna cost a premium.

Yeah, he knows what he’s talking about.

Good luck with your search though!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3264458823.html

I would sell you my e34 but it would be double what you wanna spend, but it would have the best paint of any e34 in ny, and a rebuilt motor 1k miles ago…

here you go http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/3363021957.html

jesus that steering wheel is hacked

1 - not looking for a five forty so its not impossible, i have a whole nother drivetrain if the clutch or anything is going, i also have a whole spare m20, and extra parts for about a whole nother one. not my first day.

2 - , i have another e34, bought in buffalo, perfect paint… im not asking for perfect paint or zero rust, ive done my fair share of body work and it wont be a problem. and im not looking to spend a “premium”, m20s go for cheap, and even m50s and their age, most guys dont sell e34s for more than 2 or 3 with stock everything, i have two sets of full suspensions to overhaul all of that on if needed.

3- im not quite sure what a " clapped out e34" is, maybe caught a vd, irrelevant, and five figures ? hahaha this will be my winter car, five figures to strip blast paint rebuild? all of that can be done quite cheap and well if you have experience, im not sure what you do.

thanks for your input though.

^^^Well how the hell is he supposed to know that you have spare parts and the know how to do some of the expected maintenance a car this age would need? If anything, your list of requirements would probably make someone assume that you DON’T have any extra parts lying around or the experience to work on them. That information would probably have been helpful in the original post.

I own an automotive business, and have a warehouse full of e32’s and e34’s.

your one sentence post was pretty vague, and not very possible.

your last post refuted all the things you said in your first post.

GL

1994 BMW 530i - $2500 (Troy, Ohio)

A thick binder of maintenance records from the previous owner

First $2500 CASH gets it!. FIRM.

Labrat0116(AT)gmail.com

cell #… 937-50 SIX - 083 SIX Leave a Message.

^ thats clean as hell

yeah, and didn’t the OP originally say wants to buy it to use for a WINTER VEHICLE :gotme:

I wonder if thats a manual?