WTB: FD rx7 OR skyline

hi looking for a mazda rx7 or a nissan skyline
i have a 10 grand budget but i have to pay monthly and i can also put some money down
please email me at mailto:tblak.george@gmail.com

tblak.george@gmail.com

tigerjapanese is the ONLY place youll find either for 10 grand

but budget another 10 grand after that since they will break down. and i stress they will.

Check autotrader, like stated above tigerdirect is selling one at $7499 rhd 13b twin turbo but appears to have some bumper damage. Their cars are also risky but if you know what to look for and do your research you may come out on top. Next one down is 9500 another rhd twin turbo that might be worth looking at. All stockers of course.

i would buy anything from tiger jap

guy on gtrc, who knows his shit, bought a gtr there with the same mentality - he knows what to look for

guess how long it took to spin a rod bearing?

12 hours

they were selling skylines for 5500 but every car there has no shift knob and smashed windows i dont think they were registered

sub-$10,000 GT-Rs are parts cars

ok guys i kinda need help this is gonna be my first car, im tryna find an rx7 LHD but alot of you are sayign that stuff from tiger japanese is gonna break down or stuff is missing from it…where can i find a dealer sellign an rx7 …i have a ten grand budget but i needa find somewehre where i can pay monthly

buy the fd from tiger … they go for 6 i think ?

and keep 2 grand standby for a replacement if it blows

did a quick autotrader seach came up with this looks good and 10000. guy needs money…

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=745&Region=-1&subcategory=&CAT=1&ADID=7167894&ADS=7167894%7C

If you’re going to buy an FD, buy a low kilometer one that has not been beaten on. FD motors are fantastic, responsive, but need to be driven properly and maintained; the same would apply to a Skyline… If you have a budget for 10K; get a good FC or GTS-T.

A good JDM FD3S landed in TO should be about $15K…
Budget about $5K for a rotary rebuild if you buy a poor example. My 3 FD customers have had their cars with only minor repairs to be done as expected.

Don’t try to save money in the short term; because in the long term you will be paying more for repairs. Our last customer bought a 7K GTR from Tiger; needed engine repairs done for another 2K… not to mention all the other repairs needed down the line.

dont believe anybody that says they didnt beat on a sports car!!

so if i was to purchase soemthign from tiger japanese…i shoudl expect alot of repair fees?

Buy a sub $10,000 FD and expect $5000 for a new engine.
An engine that is built for $2000 will be full of sub-par used parts and will only be a temperary fix.

BTW $5000 gets you an engine…not install or setup.

if you buy something from tiger you just have to be smart. they rarely once in a while get a decent car, if your not too familiar with that car then pay more for a better conditioned vehicle so you wont have to worry about repairs as much in the future.
If your smart and you know a lot about that certain car then you can plan ahead knowing what repairs will come and negotiate that into the cost. Used car dealers ALWAYS negotiate a price with you and then change the cost on the form of purchase to a lower amount so they dont have to pay as much tax.

well, from my experiences through out the years with used car dealerships thats what i find, so i tell them straight up, cuz i know what tricks they will pull. not saying all used car dealerships do but most will

If you buy from Tiger realize you will get little respect from a lot of people. It’s clear what they do, import shit and sell to fanboys who don’t know shit…

They bring in some cars that have no issues, Peter has one it took alot of examining and experience to pick it out.

10K for a Skyline GTS-T is a good number, if you get a $10 000 GTR get ready to have atleast $5000 set aside therefore your budget just went to $15000 which is the price of a decent GTR…

…hmm i was gonna be one of those fan boys…does anyone have any reccomendations for me, all i have is ten grand but i have to pay that off monthly…

You have 2 options with 10K…

1. Save up for a bigger budget
  2. Buy a Skyline GTS-T or Mazda FC

You keep saying you have to pay it off monthly. Get a Line Of Credit from CIBC at prime +2% and pay back a min of 3% of total - monthly, or the same LOC form BMO and pay a min of 2% monthly.
If you secure the LOC against, say a house (which you may or may not own) you can get a LOC for prime + 0.
But don’t screw yourself and not have enough money to pay insurance.

[QUOTE=NISMO_GTR;332304
2) Buy a Skyline GTS-T or Mazda FC[/QUOTE]

This is what I did, ONI JDM helped me out through all of it. I never regret buying an amazingly smooth GTS-T over a knocking GTR.

The one thing you will get used to…
A) Everyone and there brother knows someone who owns a skyline and they say it’s nothing special yet they always notice when someone pulls in with a skyline, hypocrite?
B) You overpayed my buddy got his GTR for 9gs…good for him!

Join up on GTRCanada and contact ONI-JDM this way you will be fine and not owning a ticking time bomb…goodluck.