WTB: front rotors cross drilled that will fit stock calipers

hello

im looking for some rotors to replace my stock ones since my stock ones overheat like bitches after a couple of quick stops, im not planning to replace my calipers yet sinc ein low on $ but i need better rotors to dissipate the heat so if anyones got any rotors make me an offer

WANT TO BUY
car: 90’ 240sx fastback no abs
part: 2 front cross drilled
condition: that they will fit my stock calipers and pads

If your brakes are fading then look at switching your pads, not the rotors.

Just so you know, there is a downside to slotted/cross-drilled rotors. Mainly, the greater number of edges rubbing against your pads, reduces the lifespan significantly. I replaced my set of cross-drilled Brembo’s with a generic set of blanks. Cross-drilled rotors are likely to crack, even top of the line sets. A set of KVR (Canadian made) pads will give you good stopping power and will not fade. In fact, they will work better after they warm up.

Just my two cents.

my pads are brand new

will they still work under extreme conditions ? cause mine just die when overheated and i cant stop even though the brake pads are pretty much new and have almost no wear

stop driving so fast on the streets, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I was talking to my buddy/mechanic the other day when he was doing his brakes. He’s got cross-drilled rotors about a year old made by ractive still in good condition.
I asked him if his pads wear out faster and he said no, unless you got on softer brake pads that make lots of brake dust, Instead of harder semi-matellic ones.

There were no cracks either and he drives his car hard too. Unless your going to the track every weekend just get slotted rotors

call QMR (distributor): (905) 856 - 0041
Ask for Carmen (a guy)

This is what a very experienced buddy of mine has to say about KVR/stock/Brembo cross-drilled rotor combinations…

"I just installed a set of x-drilled Brembos with black zinc-plating with used, but finished, KVR pads. Before this, I was running stock rotors with KVR pads. Before that, I was running stock everything.

Stock: Decent stock performance, but considering the power to weight ratio, I think it’s not quite balanced. Everyone’s tried stock brakes, so I won’t elaborate further.
Pros: great cold performance
Cons: horrible hot performance, expensive

Stock rotors, KVR pads: Lost a pinch of initial bite on colder days on that first stop. But even a moderate stop from a low speed (30-40km/h) was more than enough to get them up to stock initial bite. With heat in them, this setup had noticeable decreases in stopping distances, especially from higher speeds. The pads LOVE heat. With a little heat in them, the initial bite kicks the pants off a stock setup, and has really good bite at higher speeds. I’ve never been able to over heat the pads. However, I have been able to overheat the rotors in this setup. The rotors get so hot, they actually temporarily warp. Because of the KVR’s, you can keep forcing them and still brake, but you can SO tell you are totally messing up your rotors. And I have. Mine are covered in some pretty serious cracks across the contact patch.
Pros: way improved braking in every aspect except initial stop on a cold day. and WAY cheaper pads than stock
Cons: the initial stop on a cold day

Brembo cross-drilled, KVR pads: Now, I’m comparing this setup to the previous setup I was running until today, which is stock rotors and KVR pads. However, my front rotors were messed up (lots of cracks). That cold first stop KVR feel that only KVR people really know, is still there. There is a very slight decrease in initial bite again. However, what this setup really impresses me with, is repeatability. After bedding them, I started getting more aggressive with them. To be honest, compared to a stock rotor, KVR pad setup, I have gained NOTHING in decreasing stopping distances. It feels exactly the same. However, I can now do it many more times before my rotors start protesting. In fact, today, I was unable to overheat the brakes to the point where they would not produce significantly better than stock braking. And this is testament to the Ate “Super Blue Racing” as well. Even when I got the brakes hot enough to make burning smells, a little bit of smoke from the wheel wells, and enough heat to get the rims SMOKING hot (water instantly evaporated on the rims), braking remained stock rotor and KVR pad great (which is WAY better than stock. The key part is, repeatability. Where I could do 1-2 100-130km/h braking to 20km/h on the stock rotors and kvr pads before I would over heat the rotors, I can now do 5-6, and I still get great breaking. I would have pushed it harder based on performance alone, but I knew I was producing crazy amounts of heat, and decided enough was enough. I’m just a little worried about whether surrounding components can take the heat the brakes are now producing, i.e. rims
Pros: CRAZY repeatability at stock rotor and kvr performance levels, which is way better than stock alone. CHEAP!
Cons: slightly worse initial stop than stock rotors and kvr pads"