WTB H22 block

need an h22a block from a 97-01 base prelude to build

Aren’t the blocks the same from base to sh ?

what do you mean by build? Are you doing a complete rebuild? …I have one, a USDM obd2

He’s doing a complete TURBO rebuild!!!

I have a short block… and a complete head on my buddies house… I’d have to dig it outta storage, but it had a spun bearing…

Exactly what i need. im sending it to lasky over summer to be built. did it knock? think you could get me some pics? i only need the block i already have a built head. what car is it out of?

SH and base are different SH has mounting plates for the ATTS unit. boosted i run a base tranny w/ sh block so i have a ghetto mounting plate for my half shaft. this mounting plate is a possibly weakness in the drivetrain so i need a base block to get rid of it.

spun bearing means it knocked, crank is no good or it has to be recut with different sized bearings

I figured thats why you wanted the base block.

Uhm, well lets see… I picked it up in CT and was informed that it was 100% working condition and parted from the head because he didn’t wanna spend the $$ to ship it. Drove to CT, picked it up… a new head was put on, timing belt, all that jazz… whatever, turned it over… and it knocked like a sonuvabitch. Ripped it out, replaced the motor with a new one and gave the head to a friend.

That was that… lol

Take Cliff’s block, find a H23 crank, and build yourself a boosted H23Vtec.

yea iv heard of people doing that whats so good about doing it? Cliff how much you want for it

Oh god, I dunno man… I paid $400 for it, but obviously it was shit… unless the head install was screwed up. Plus its up in storage at my gramma’s… I gotta climb through the snow to the shed to get it, hahah. I’m off thursday, I’ll go up there and see what I cna do… and I’ll let you know.

I put that motor together and swapped in the car, everything was done correctly but the bottom end knocked thanks to the scammer/seller/piece of shit telling us it was 100% running condition. I was so pissed I pulled that motor out and half dissasembled in 15 minutes. Cliff while you’re up there…find your oem throttlebody and get rid of that BDL.

Just throw a D series in it and call it a day you bitch

Werd

Larger displacement, which translates to more torque. You could also go nuts and get the 2.4L stroker kit that is out there. I think Golden Eagle makes it. I’m sure Crower also makes a kit.

Eh those stroker kits are junk. I’ve heard nothing good about Crower cranks and such. Plus they cost entirely to much. OEM ftw.

I don’t like import stroker motors normally. The longevity just isnt there when you are trying to spin the thing to 9000

Exactly. Supra and DSM guys have good luck with them

Ehh alot of dsm guys hate em. They work well if you are strictly dragging the car. The fastest evo’s and dsm’s are all 2.0’s for the most part. Supra’s how ever love 3.4 strokers