WTB: jetta parts

:lol

Come on really? :rofl

Yetti’s car on the other hand, the way that bitch rides I bet his are cut stockers. lol

It’s really this simple, If you cut your springs you remove shock travel and the integrity of the spring. Even if you take them out and cut the coils with a circular saw you change the temper of the spring causing it to break at some point.
The travel is the big issue, if you take off to much and corner hard enough the spring rate goes from 150 lbs to infinity lbs in a heartbeat. Now i know what that means and you should too…if your mid corner and this happens…you will be out one jetta and picking your teeth out of the steering wheel. The spring bottoms out, goes static and pushes the front end of the road, or the rear end depending on which spring bottoms out first.

Ask me how I know this^^^^^^^^just barely corrected and regained travel as i was leaving pavement. Why do u think i made the joke about the 80’s? We used to cut springs in our MK1’s…now i am much older and wiser…and alive because we starting using ground-control perches and eibach 2" springs. Fuck… buy them and they will last you over 15 years…ask me again how I know this…

I allways wondered why all the PR didnt have any teeth and complained of neck pain all the time… that explaines why they look like bobble head dolls bombing down the road.

But yeah like he said, even drop springs on stock dampers is dumb and wont last 3000 miles. the valves blow / bottom out and break and then your chillin on all rebound.

I got my Eibach Pro Kit springs and dampers for $280 2 years ago. I have over 25Kmi on them and they still are perfect. Ride is great, handles awesome, drop was about 1.75 front and 2 in the rear (I took out the rubber isolator in the rear for the extra .25"). They arnt as low as a cup kit but for the price it is a great deal on a good product.

I knew u didnt have cut springs…nono

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=115/CA=88
hahahaha sorry there 399. plus tax…inflation FTW

:lol

Just making sure u didnt think I was a retard. lol

My springs are def not cut… my struts were def blown though… its all good will be sorted out by spring

i agree with tom.

for the price/ avail of springs for mk4’s why the hell even bother cutting them?

do NOT cut your springs, i thought that ricer stage was over with these days. Jeez, suspension is SO CHEAP these days. If you want cheap and adjustability than check out RACELAND COILOVERS. Delprad runs then along with hundreds of people on vortex. Affordable and dont ride that bad for the price. If 400 is to much, than just buy a set of springs for 175 and call it a day. I still cant over people actually suggested cutting springs…