anyone here ever lower a car for free?

idk i got bored, so i lowered the front of the probe, i took the spring/strut assemblys out, took the springs off the struts, cut the bottem coil off as there was only a 1/2inch gap between coils compared the other coils being 2-4in apart, so i cut the smaller gapped coils off put the spring in a vice with slight pressure and heated it to bend the now bottem coil, to fit perfectly into the strut plate, so now the probes front is about 1-2in lower, next ill be doing the rears. im debating if i should just heat em till they sag a inch or so rather than going through the hassle of disassembling the spring/strut assemblys as it take alot more time that id rather not waste on this car
what do you guys think? anyone tried this?

That is a really ghetto, shitty way to lower a car and it will ride like shit. Buy a full kit( struts and springs) and do it right the first time.

X2

You have done something very dangerous and stupid. Did you ever think how cutting off that last coil will affect spring rates which also factors into handling and stopping?

:tup:

Ill look for your name in the obituaries

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll300/LucidFlight_album/bum.jpg

u crazy som’bitch :clap:

You sir…are a fuckin retard.

lmfao +karma

seriously, how much does a set of springs cost?
you know, ones that are DYNO tested at the factory to ensure proper handling.

lol, such a dumb idea.

um ya, thats not a really good idea.

i know plenty of people who have done it, but the car dosnt ride bad at all, its just a lil stiffer, if it rode shitty id throw a set of new stock springs on but it rides fine, also alot of drifters so this as well

his car his life nuff said

fyi i have a set of ebay lowering coil over springs for the car but i couldnt figure out how to mount them, you have to cut some of the strut for them to work anyone here know how to properly install the springs on factory struts?

:purextc:

:bloated: its a probe what damage could he do?

is speedped a combination of efforts from various members to just post the most ridiculous shit ever? like a troll name that a whole bunch of people share the login to?

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5472&stc=1&d=1221280629

Congrats on making your car unsafe. But hey as long as it looks like you have mods you couldn’t afford…

You would.

Just sayin’

silly ricer, springs dont add horsepower, so theres no reason to dyno test them

God. This kid sucks.

RIP Speedped

His sig was the first thing I noticed.

God this kid is an epic fucking fail.