WTB: Kouki S14 ~$10K

I’ve been looking around this winter for a Kouki S14 in good condition, preferably with an RB or SR swap, in excellent mechanical working order. Of course any supporting mods definitely factor into the deal. I’ve been considering anything from $8000-$16000 both in Canada and in the States.
I don’t mind modifying the car myself any further, but I don’t want to pick up a “project” since I have minimal space to work on anything this winter, and I have to be ready for the end of April for AutoX. I mentioned AutoX, so a good suspension/brakes/wheel setup would be key, I’m not into sound systems/body kits/etc.

This week a local approached me with an MR2 that has a freshly built engine, full Tein suspension, Apexi exhaust, new brakes and wheels, etc. I can pick it up for about $10K all said and done, so I’m considering it. The body is like new, and it has been built and taken care of very well.

If I can find an S14 (Preferably Kouki, but I’d go Zenki if the car was worth it), I’d pass on the MR2 and get the S14 that I want. If I don’t find anything within a few weeks, I’ll probably just settle for the MR2.
I saw 2 very nice cars sell on here within a day about a week or 2 ago, and they’re the two that I would have liked to get my hands on. The only other car that I’ve seen this week is the S14 in Florida with the 1JZ swap, but with import fees and associated travel or shipping fees, it’s a little out of the question.
If anyone has something in storage, or something in their garage that they’d like to talk about, you can get me here by PM, or e-mail at thatguycole@hotmail.com
Thanks for your time.

• Jonathan

I sent you a detailed e-mail.

Thanks Bing, I appreciate all the details, I’ll get back to you shortly.

kouki’s are few and far between here in ontario, not to say there aren’t any for sale.

GL with your search, I’m sure bing showed you other sites/sources…

U.S. may be a good option, as there seems to be a little less rarity inflation on kouki’s there.

Bing actually didn’t show me any other sights/sources, however he did show me a stockish car that he has that is in excellent shape. It unfortunately wasn’t what I was looking for right now, but I appreciated the way that he handled all communications between us. He was very up front and transparent about it, as I tried to be as well. Seems like a good guy.

If you have any other sources, especially keeping it East, I’d appreciate seeing them just to look around a little bit. There do seem to be some nicely modded Kouki’s and Zenki’s around, judging by the pm’s and e-mails that I have gotten. But you are right, the majority of the market by far is definitely/obviously in the states.

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42401

just found this one got posted today. it is so clean you should definitely consider

Does anyone else have anything.
Still waiting to hear back from a seller since Thurs/Fri.
I’m hoping to hear back from him soon, but I’d entertain other reasonable offers.

i am selling my s14…r u interest??

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41094

dacatz, sorry that’s a little much for what I’m looking for, considering the car and mods as it.

KoukiS14, can you e-mail me or add me to MSN so that we can talk. We can do it by phone as well if you’d like. I like you car, and how it’s put together, we can talk and see how the logistics look with the tuning/storage on your side, and the shipping on my side.
thatguycole@hotmail.com
709-687-1413
We can talk tonight after work.