Questions about s14's!!

Hey peeps’

I’m a total noooob with the nissan scene so don’t flame me LOL’

Like i said in my introduction thread that i’ll be looking out for a s13/s14. Still’

Is it hard to find a 1997 Kouki s14 in Toronto?! or are they uber rare?!

and if so how much would it cost for a decent one!? bone stock~

i’d say 10 G minumum. and yeh they are pretty rare.

if you keep looking, you will find a decent one.

10 Grand ` eh! so can the kouki frontend be bought and put on a 96 s14?

Yea but its not like normal S14s are cheap either. a minty s14 will probably run you 6 grand and upwards.

a mint s14 for 6000 isn’t that bad’ considering a decent 97 civic hatch will run around 6 grand too.

so when checking out a s14, what should i be looking out for?

apart from the usual oil leaks’ interior condition…etc ya’ll know the deal. ~

Ummm yeah, dude ur not gonna find a “mint” kouki for anywhere near 6 grand :S . ur either gonna have to lower ur standards or increase ur budget. its gonna be crazy hard to find a kouki for sale in canada and even more so for one in mint condition…this car is pushing 10 years old and for the past couple years people have been abusing the crap outta them. :frowning: trust me, this is one search thats gonna require some sacrifice one way or another. but good luck man, i got mine at a pretty good deal, but it was/is beat on pretty hard…still love her though. :R

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29570
^$9500

Yes kouki’s are very rare, how many came to north america, 5000? roughly?

the 97/98 front end fits on the 95/96 no problem. the taillights also differ.

My Kouki front end, with used hood/fender/bumper/grill ran me about $1700,
with new lights (raceonusa.com 2/3rds dealer price), rebar/trim, and a couple other little things.

We’re in the same boat man lol I have been looking for an s14 for a few months now and I can tell u that they are a lot cheaper in the us. 240sx.org if you look at their classifieds you can find built ka-t with putting down 300-400 hp for $10 000 or if u want to be jdm tyte sr20 s14 usually under 10 000. Only thing that worries me is insurance if i get an s14 I’m 21 years old with 2 15 km/h over the limit tickets I’ll probably wait until next summer. Good luck with your hunt.

is it normal for most of these s14’s to have over 200,000km on them!?

5000 Kouki’s brought to North America, but look at how many 5speed Kouki’s made it to Canada in the two years that the Kouki’s were in production. The number is ridiculously low.

When they’re put on the trader they usually sell within hours of posting.
I had my eye on a Kouki in Feb 2006 that was black with tan leather interior and an SR swap going for $13G. The guy feared it wouldn’t sell cause it was in the Winter time. I called him that morning to make arrangements to see it for the evening and by the evening I called back to make the trip to see it but the guy told me he sold it for $16G and it was already gone.
It is not uncommon to see an S14 with over 200000KM.

http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2923

just search… there are a few around currently for sale, in a large price range, anywhere from $6500ish(lowest priced auto kouki I have seen) to $25,000+

yeah. but i rather buy a stock one… buying built cars is a total headache unless you know who built it and it was built properly~!!

goto the states… I bought my black 97 5 speed in new york city with 92k miles… of the origional owner (mature owner) for 4500 YES thats right… 4500 us a month ago. IM still wondering if im goin to wake up from my dream… but i havent yet lol… I think the only way i got it was because he mis printed his ad. in the tittle it said 45,000 not 4500… lol omg im still laughing… hahah… so i sent him money through paypal and i was on a flight to NY the next day to drive it home… and now i have a mint 97… 5 SPEED hahahahaha… and black too… the car has no rust and has never seen under coating. soo clean… I love it…

so moral of the story goes. if you have the money just on stand by., and you can pick up and go asap… there are deals out there to be bought. just have to get lucky somtimes… lol…

wow. 4500… thats a steal… but how much was it to register a US car in Canada? what are all the import fees and taxes? what was the total you had to pay?!

total i had to pay after my flight. gas to drive it home and register it was just over 5k… haha… and i just picked up a old rusty 91 with a mint sr20 for 1000 bucks… and i sold the ka that was in my 97 for 850 installed. So i was pretty happy… hehe

to the person that started this thread,

are you still looking for a 97-98 kouki?