WTB: Motherboard

I’m looking to buy a motherboard myself. Something that can handle the dual SLI videocard set up. Intel Chipset. Either the motherboard itself or one of those combo things. I have a Pentium 4 3.2ghz in it now so I’m thinking just the board. I’m running 1 gig ddr2 right now :frowning: but looking to upgrage that aswell. I also have a 630 watt power supply by the way.

Just admit it, all you short-attention-span motherfuckers are going to be playing with this new system for about two weeks, then after the hype dies down it will collect dust…

Well first of all you can’t have SLI with an Intel chipset, only NVidia chipsets run SLI.

www.newegg.com is your friend

Im pretty sure he’s asking for an Intel compatible SLI motherboard, of which there are limited choices. Since I actually checked newegg, about 14 choices.

Your best bet with such limited choices is to read the customer reviews on newegg, since I’m guessing not too many people have invested in dual SLI on this forum.

Yeah thanks for the help. I have a pentium cpu and 2 nvidia videocards. (geforce 6800 gt’s) I tried to hook them up side by side but then learned I needed the supported motherboard. So I looked on newegg and I will be ordering one up soon. I’ll have a 36’’ Flat pannel in my room soon, so I have to prepare for it.

So that means the 19’’ lcd is up for sale, it’s a Dell, 1 year old, no burnt out pixels $100

Anything else I should watch out for? I have a 630watt power supply… That should be enough hopefully.