WTB: posi rearend

for a gbody not bent. (its going in a mid 80s cutlass)
I need this like yesterday so let me know

just put a mini spool in it. i had a summit mini spool in my nova in a 8.5 housing with 4:10’s and 10inch tires with no problems

how much hp were you throwing at the mini spool.
Probalem is its the peanut rearends in the mid 80s gms

7.5’s i dont think they make a spool for the 7.5
I hear spools on the street break axels? is this true?

spools do suck for street use.

Spool? It cost me $10 to have my dif welded. Well, I knew the guy but it shouldn’t cost any more than like $20. I don’t mean some ghetto mig bullshit either, he tig’d it with “super missile” wire that’s specialized for marrying dissimilar metals.

LOL
Welded spiders are the LAST thing you want on the street.
We use to do that on the dirt tracks.

Do you even know what the fuck your talking about?

WTF is “super missile” what material is it?

come on lets hear it.

http://www.defensetech.org/images/Iran-Missile-Fajr-3-1avril2006-1-2.jpg

I called him and he said it’s Welco Super Missileweld. Don’t fuckin bother me with your bullshit because I’m just repeating what was told to me and considering he owns his own business that does quite well and the work on my differential was impeccable, I’m more inclined to believe him than some forum bitch like you.

oh shit its a bomb

i was running a 10.8:1 383 stroker maybe 400-425 wasnt a crazy motor. and there are companys that make it for the 7.5 becuase thats what came in my car and i was gonna do that rear end but ended up getting the 8.5 for cheap.

i was running the stock 28splines with no problems. my buddies nova is running in the low 6.20’s at lancaster with 31x18 cheaters slicks he drives it a few times a week on the street and hasnt had any problems with moser axles.

basic spools are cheap as shit if u dont mind the tire cherp around corners

Yes, they make spools for the 7.5", yes they suck on the street. Don’t you have a 7.5" Posi from a Camaro for sale? Same unit, just btw.

I actually didn’t know it was the same unit.
Ha I’m going to have to see if it fits in my Carrier now.
I wasn’t sure I thought the camaro rears were 7.65 of whutever the odd carrier.
Man will there be egg on my face if its the same.

Yeah, the 7 5/8" came in later years and went to 28 Splines. Both of your rearends should be 26 Spliners though being pre 88-89. I should have kept my mouth shut, I was thinking of picking it up for my IROC. lol But I hate to see people go and buy stuff they don’t need.

youve got a pm.

Actually, before there’s egg on my face. Check if the Camaro rear is a 10 bolt cover, they did make an oddball 9 bolt too. And that would be a different carrier.

Back at ya.