WTB Shop Air Compressor

My buddy and I are finally gettling settled into our shop in the Smith Str./ Seneca Str. neighborhood. This is my first time for having a shop / space for projects. It’s used for woodworking, painting, tool / material storage, and auto and misc. projects for both our businesses.

I’ve already started some of my own projects, like my sled suspension rebuild, and I’ve invested in a small sandblasting cabinet, which I’ve always wanted. I ganged two portable compressors together just to get through my snowmobile project and we’ve both decided a larger shop compressor is a necessity for the sandblaster and painting / finishing operations.

Surfed the web (Craigslist, Ebay, Sears, Tractor Supply, etc.) and think based on our budget and meager needs, a 60 gallon verticle is going to be the minimum required. I’m not against going bigger but price jumps dramatically above 60 gal.

If anyone has one for sale, suggestions where else to buy new, or other suggestions in general I would appreciate it.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa354/arrowenterprises/utf-8BdGh1bWIuanBlZw.jpg

Watch Sears for holiday sales on their 60 gallon professional series. It drops from $700 to sub $400 sometimes.

Yeah, if I end of going store bought I’m not going to do anything until after Santa comes.

Mlk day was a $1k Bosch/Kenmore Elite dishwasher for sub $400, Labor day was my compressor. Waiting for a fridge some spring me thinks.

I have one that is in my shop its about 6 feet tall. Pm me for a price I need it gone today or tomorrow Im moving Thursday

Don’t buy the Kolbalt 60 from Lowes, it runs SUPER hot.

keep watching craigslist, i got an 80 gallon husky, and a shit ton of body shop tools from a place in clarance for 500 bucks

I’ve been looking for a +60 gallon also for quite some time.

With the research I’ve done a Husky is the best bang for your buck, but a craftsmen seems to get better reviews online.

what kind of scfm/psi are you requiring?
Avoid oil less/free motors.

Find a shop going out of business and buy theirs… Quincy/IR compressors run for ever even in a shithole.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

what kind of scfm/psi are you requiring?
Avoid oil less/free motors.

Find a shop going out of business and buy theirs… Quincy/IR compressors run for ever even in a shithole.

Most of the 60 gallons I’ve looked at fill the bill. Biggest need for volume / recovery is a 60 gal. although 80 would be nice. Just saw an 80 gal. husky for 850. Would prefer an IR but now your talking well over a grand and it’s not in the budget right now and I don’t use daily.