WTB: sr20 det block

I just bought an G20 and I need another block for it. Was wondering if anybody had one?

TTT anybody???

Millerstown had a P10 with the engine still in it last time I was there.

yea i got one of them cars for sale with a motor swap and t28 or something on it all i know it flies.salvage titled $2500 814 327 4761 brian

Good price…actually great price. But all i’m looking for is a block to get mine running. Good luck on the sale. I would like to see pics.

how complete of a block do you need? may ahve something at work. basically a rebuildable “core” eng or block.

I need a good one. I already have one that needs redone. Looking to make my new build simple.

let me see what i got. i know the one engine has a bad rod bearing, other i think has valve train noise…

Ya let me know. I would def. be interested.

well, i looked into this for ya. got one block w/ a rod hanging through it. have another engine that we bought from another yard-- supposedly ran.

sent it out to a shop, it came back w/ valve cover/oil pan (both upper and lower) removed and no timing chain. so i dunno wtf the story is w/ it.

it would be a “mystery” engine sold as is w/ no warranty. im assuming they went to do timing chains and couldnt get anything to line up, lol.

so i guess make me an offer or if you can, come look at it… i know what we paid for the engine from another yard-- basically we lost our ass because the counter guy dropped the ball and didnt return the enigne to the yard we got it from.

Wheres you yard at? Ballpark price to start from??

They have beige one and used to have a green one, both low ports. Both had pretty nasty oil, i was thinking about buying one, but turned off by te engine sludge.

maroneys in smithton. and this would be just a sr20de block, not a det.

I have a good sr20de block. But I thought that wouldn’t work?? I’m new to the nissan’s.

It will work just fine, it just won’t have the piston squirters and you’ll need to run the oil and water lines differently. Tap the coolant hoses at the tb for the water feed/return and the oil pressure sender for the oil feed. Then you just need to drill the oil return boss on the block and screw in a 1/2 barbed fitting. Its all very simple stuff. The advantage of using a DE is you won’t be missing one of the passenger axle carrier bearing mounting holes like on a DET, oh and the price is significantly cheaper.

oil squirters are overrated anyway

HUH! I didn’t not no that. Are DE blocks lower comperssion?? Whats the big difference?? or not really anything? Will it be less dependable?

DE’s are higher compression, 9.5:1 so the spool up is actually better than the 8.5:1 of a DET. They are proven to reliably put out 400whp+ provided you have a good tune and use the right parts. It will be just as dependable as a DET. If you want to go for more power you should upgrade to forged rods and pistons anyway. From the sound of it you were just looking for a block to build up right?

The main differences are no squirters, higher compression, block not tapped for oil/water, and no sodium filled exhaust valves.

Put it this way, I bought an SR20DE for the 240SX and we are planning on 300whp this year and 400whp next year.

I dont think there is any glory in building a de when there is A: a det already in the car and B: you can get long blocks for 8-900 allday

Why bother spending that much money for a DET when you can get a DE for $300-400?