WTB: Stainless T4 flange

simple as that, anyone have a stainless steel T4 flange they would sell me asap? I ordered one and just got issued a refund, days later saying they were out of stock.

thanks
Mike

Why would u want stainless?

because its getting tigged to a stainless tube. Some say you should use mild for this stuff, but I havnt had any issues with the flanges I used in the past.

How many flanges have you used in the past?

Sofar about 10 stainless flanges to stainless tube. a T6, T4, about 7 different sized 3 bolts, and a bunch of vbands.

I am not a production shop, so who knows maybe I an just getting lucky.

How many did you weld in the last 2 years?

If you think they will crack, just say it. Tell Vibrant, and all the other companies making, selling, and using stainless flanges on parts.

Yes I understand the reasons to use a mild flange, but no need to have a rusty flange and nice looking headers… if you do the job right chances are it wont crack.

That was not a dick comment I was just curious to see how they have worked out. I always see regular flanges rust so I was wondering if these ones actually hold up and stay looking nice but way to be a typical cock bag

:rofl

Sorry, I am a little on edge, i just got yelled at by a fat n-bitch because she decided to walk in front of me do 25 towards a green light because she thought she had the right away! LOL My mistake if I took your comment a little too far. :hug My mistake bro.

Anyways… so far i havnt had a single one crack. Infact 2 cars i did didnt even have a flex section on the exhaust, just the hangers (yeah i know) and they didnt fail. All the turbo and downpipe ones are good to go too, even with all the heat. I think alot of the big names are “forced” to conform to what some customers think, AKA read on the forums and change their ways a little. Who knows. So far so good, and I like shiney, so ill keep rollin 304 unitil things change.

again, no offense man. :number1

I always wondered why companies didnt use them or the flanges. The head and turbo flanges always rust and look like dog shit while the rest of the manifold still looks bling

I use brass flanges

sent u a text message

Sure man. I hear ya.

its 50/50 IMO.

and I am still a rookie here… not an end all be all preacher. :slight_smile:

Mild steel is much softer than 304 0r 321 stainless steel. Softer absorbs vibrations. Stress risers in poor welds can crack from vibrations.

Mild is much less brittle than stainless, not to say a 3/8 or 1/2" flange will crack on its own, but just stating that. The welds, bends, and everything else it stands to be true for also, so they could.

Mild is cheaper, as a material, and somewhat easier to machine… end result is a much cheaper flange.

Also keep in mind when you weld 304 stainless to mild, you should use 309 filler which has less chromium and can “over cook” easier when welding and loose the “stainless” ability and rust. Furthermore since 304/321 mild steel expand and contract differently. Again, which could lead to cracking. Think fiberglass body kits molded on steel body panels, they crack in the sun if not done right.

thats my 24.2 peso’s

If you have dimensions I can make that no problem. 788-5422

yeah buddy. I can do ya one better and give you a solidworks file.

water jet or cnc plasma?

CNC plasma

yummy.

lemmi dig up some dims. BRB

BAM… I need it un-divided (not like it had the dims anyways for it) but thats the best pic i could find online in a pinch.

http://www.forcedinductions.com/images/T4flange.gif

PM me how much mooo-la these will cost. And erry thing. PS you are doomed… if you wanted to make a bunch of other stuff here and there and make a lil extra side money, I am always looking for brackets and stuff cut out, save me a ton of time doing it by hand and come out way better. we should talk, cnc plasma buddiez. :slight_smile:

how thick do you want it?

518.788.5422 call/text

1/2" thick if you can.

i left ya a vm and a text too. :slight_smile: