WTB: Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Looking for a 2 or 4 door, manual transmission, stock or not.

Will spend $5,000-$9,000 depending on condition.

Try http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/
Look to spend 8,000-13,000 depending on year and condition.

Ya…its going to be really hard to get a descent 2.5rs for that price…and it would be better to stick with one with lower mileage…they arent as reliable as your typical nissan or honda…

I just started looking for this car yesturday… Freaky…

im looking for a 1999-2000 and ive found a few from 9,000-14,000

for the price of a low mileage gc you could get a highish/med mileage wrx.

these cars are pretty rare and hold their value. it’ll be tough finding one in your price range.

The 2.5RS is pretty reliable but the tranny is like made of glass. They are pretty expensive since they are rare like trigger said. Most people who by them beat the shit outta them so you gotta be carefull. Look at autotrader.ca, there should be a few nice ones in there.

Tranny’s and Driveshafts are Weaksause…

Repairs are Expensive as Hell, take it from me I worked on them for Two
Years at Ralli-Tec and Unless you have ~$15,000 for a mint one don’t bother.

Thanks for the input. I was aware of the weak tranmissions, so I was hoping to pick up a lower mileage one.

After some initial searching, these cars do seem to be overpriced due to their rarity. There are newer, lower mileage Legacy’s for less. Maybe I’ll check what kind of insurance rates I can get on a WRX.

I remember the insurance rates on a 2.5rs 99-00 were the same as my s13 for me.

Only problem with the 1st gen WRX is that they are fugly. :slight_smile:

I can live with the bug eyes for the performance benefits…I will just need to find a better paying job sooner.

The only way the bugeye wrx’s look nice is if you swap out the Hyundai looking headlights and replace them with the JDM/EDM projectors! :stuck_out_tongue:

just picked up my 2002 wrx 4 door… its nice… and i paid more than double of the looking prices you posted… just because these are alittle newer but damn… very nice cars… headlights are my only issue but they will be replaced or at least grab the HID kit lol