WTB: T5 tranny. working or not.

Do I hear a rear wheel drive vw? that sounds cool. I know someone trying that but they dont have the skills you do.

just wondering why didn’t you just do a haldex swap???

thanks ill take that as a compliment! yeah its coming along I guess… Diff is in back there, wheel bearings and plates machined and might be mocked up tonight actually.

in order of importance:

• 01E/X transmission is still somewhat weak, and still produced by VW/Audi.
  • said transmission still costs a lot of money.
  • haldex needs to be welded or controlled.
  • 2 more cv shafts, 1 more drive shaft with bearing support needed, entire rear knuckles and floor pan would be needed.
  • its been done before in gti’s all the time.
  • more weight, more moving pieces, more potential headaches and broken parts.
  • more power robbing parasitic loss
  • more money over all
  • much more time involved in the swap

When people see this thing they will realize how simple and effective it all will be. Power, weight and traction = speed. Less shit to break, less shit to flex and move about… its all for the better.

annnd, when I wheelie by you from a dig in your EVOOHHHHH, ill just smile.

Just curious? What rear end are you using? Also, what are your plans to keep the wheels from hopping? Theres gonna be no weight in the back of that thing to keep the wheels planted. One other question, Whats the motor? Interesting project here… Good luck

I fail to see how the weight distribution would be any less favorable than a typical RWD car, especially when he adds a Ford 8.8 out back where there used to be nothing but suspension.

didn’t say anything about being less favorable…just asking. Its an issue people struggle with in the heavier mustang. So if this car is lighter…I’m thinking it would be a little harder to keep the tires planted. Like I said, this is an interesting project, and I was just curious

Yeah its going to be a 8.8 31 spline with a spool. 4 link and coilovers. tires are going to be 10.5 slicks on the track and some meaty 265’s or something for the street.

once its on the scales ill see what the weights are for each corner. Ill stuff as much out back as I can… fuel cell, battery, IC water box and what ever else I can. It will be a handfull to plant on the street, but with some wrinklewalls out back and the 4 link tuned to give it some squat… it will hook well on the track.

I am not planing on over powering it… the motor will make more than I dare and rev well past where I dare also… 450-500 hp in a car this light will boogie. then if it hooks great I wick it up.:thumbup

BUMP OP updated too