T5 or T56

As title states, im looking for a wc t5 or t56. will be going behind an sbc. had a lead for a t56 on here but the dude hasnt got back to me. looking to get something asap so i can move forward on my truck so i can have it ready to drive again this year. my current trans is getting so bad it shakes like a paint shaker lol. thanks

bump…still looking.

lack of responses must be from having too many honda fags on here.:lolsign:

I had the same problem. I was looking for a t56 and nobody had anything to help me out with. I know you’re probably aware that a reasonably priced t5 to go on your most likely 350 sbc is only going to hold up to about 300 hp, I’ve seen them grenade behind lesser motors. I would much advise if you can afford it to go with the t56, which I’m also sure you would prefer. you want a t56 that was behind an lt1, an ls1 t56 is different.

my advice to you is do what I did, www.car-part.com it will give you a search for parts in inventory at local salvage yards. the most reasonable priced and closest t56 I was able to find cost me $1300 and a 400 mile round trip to get it. but I got the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, shifter and master cylinder with it.

good luck!

thanks johnny, i actually located an lt1 t56 setup on here, but the dude never got back to me when i asked how much for the setup w/o the flywheel. he wanted to sell as package deal and if i go with an lt1 setup, i have to buy a 450 dollar flywheel. its actually about the same cost to convert to a ls1 t56 as it is a lt1 t56 behind my gen 1 sbc as i can use my clutch/flywheel setup with the ls1, just would need a conversion bellhousing.

as for the t5, yes its weaker but can hold up to plenty of power if its in good shape. its also alot lighter then the t56 so thats less rotational weight=less hp lost through drivetrain. not to mention my truck is light so thats less strain as well. the torque ratings are continuous ratings of that power. so a few passes down the track and around the street with power in excess for that torque rating and itll still hold up alright. they also have parts to build the t5 stronger then a t56.

hoping i can find something soon. this damn transmission is holding everything else up in what i need to do before i can get the truck out lol

are you still looking for a transmission?

nope. like you my motor went this year too. broken pistons and cracked block. im going built ls1/t56.