WTB GM 5spd trans

Looking for a 5 speed manual from from an older firebird or camaro. Must be cable spedo. Lmk. Thanks!

T5 correct?

Pretty sure. I’m waiting for the camaro men to jump in here. Gonna be bolted up to a 350 and put in an s-10.

by 350 you mean 454 right?

Can I get some Chevy guys in here please?

your thinking of a T5 which won’t do what you want. They are very weak and will not last behind a 350 thats why they were only available behind a 305. You need a T56 or something stronger. Is this going to be a hotrod or offroad project? NV4500 might suit your needs

agreed t5s, well used stock t5s arent too tough

I’m putting a 454 in my 88 s10. Aren’t T56’s big money?

usually atleast 1k+ but if ur putting in a 454 ull need it…

That’s pretty much it right there. If you are looking to save money, this is the wrong place to look. Go automatic if you want other, potentially cheaper options.

Ill have a lt t-56 for sale soon . Bell , plate , clutch , hydro,s etc …

I also have a th350 longtail …I have ready now .

i have a th350 short (28") for sale

The longtail won’t require a new trans crossmember as its the same lenght as a 700r and a 4l60 or a t5 .

let me know how much for the t56 when you pull it.

for a stock v8 a Camaro t5 should be ok.

I had a t5 behind the 347 in my Mustang and it held up fine and its the same tranny.

I did manage to fuck one up in a stock S10 with a 2.8 though. They dont like powershifting and being used like a 1 ton truck.

The Ford t5 had diff internals , that and Ford don’t make enough power to hurt em .

didnt a 305 make less than 200hp? A Mustang 302 made 225hp.

If I remember correctly the ford had tapered bearings where the GM did not. Two reasons GM did not put T5s in 350 cars. One, previously stated, 340tq + 3500# + 3.23 gear is bad. Just ad a clutch dump and boom! Second was emissions regulations. This is why newer T56 has the skip shift solenoid. In a light S10 and a mild 350 the T5 will probably be fine especially if youre not LSD or tall geared.

It’s all in the torque output not the hp numbers. That and ford used world class transmissions from the get go and GM didn’t until 89 or 90 I believe.

I also have a complete T56 swap to sell 1600 miles on a rebuilt trans and spec 6 puck clutch. PM if interested.