T56 - 6 speed Manual Transmission

I was going to be using this in my s13 for my V8 swap but have changed my mind and am now going a different route.

This transmission came out of a 1994 Pontiac Firebird with only 40,000km on it
1993 and 1994 were the 2 years the T56 were built the strongest to date.

This transmission sells anywheres from $1500 to $2000
(if you can even find one from these years as they are known to be the best years ever built)

I am asking $1500 for the transmission and will deliver!!!

This is not a factual statement. 93s had either the M28 or M29 which were rated at 350 and 400 ft-lbs/tq respectively.

The 94-97s are stronger MN6 transmissions rated at 450 ft-lbs/tq

However the corvette T56s of these years are considered beefier than the fbodys

SSR has the strongest t-56 from what I have read.

i was going to post that… but i was gonna get attacked by local forum owners rolls eyes… glad someone with a camaro responded lol…

The newer used t56s go for 1500$… although I’m hoping to grab a D&D magnum t56 which go for 2500-3000 brand spanking new :slight_smile:

Well thanx for the info but this was the stronger for the fbodys.
these trannies are listed for 1500 with 100,000km or more and this one only has 40,000

Not to dump on the thread but was not the Viper t56 the strongest of them all because of its 32 spline output shaft or something along those lines?

With that said the price is a bit steep but its somewhat worth it.

well I am offering a quick sale price of 1200 but would need it gone asap.

and the viper had shitty 2nd and 3rd gears I think it was i heard

Negative. Do you really think they would put weaker gears in the transmission used in the vehicles that makes by far the most torque of all the applications? Viper Spec T-56’s are by far the strongest of the bunch, especially the 04-05 version that crossed over internals with the SRT-10 Ram. All 03-06 Viper T-56’s have a 1-piece counter-shaft rather than 2, eliminating the main weakness, but the 04-05’s also have a 9310 1-4 gearset to hold up in the heavy truck application.

anyways this would be perfect fo someone wanting to due a v-8 swap

Dropped the price to 1200, need to sell asap

I’d love to get a spare LT1 T56 but need other items before buying another trans.

I’d offer a good bit less if you are desparate to sell. L Turd1 T56’s aren’t the most disireable T56.

Where are you located at?

i live south of brantford but can deliver

price is obo also

Coming out to oakville tomorrow for 8:30 pm and if anyone wants parts this would be a good time to meet up as I am already out there

change in plans, coming out to etobicoke on friday night and could meet up with someone if wanting to purchase

SOLD - lock it up