wtb: treo

i am looking for a treo 700wx for verizon
maybe a 700w
let me know what you got
or where i can find one for a decent price
thanks

I have an extra treo 650 laying around shot me an offer.

I hate the 700wx!

I’ve got one and it sucks. Go to any of the Treo sites/forums and see all the people bitching about them.

why do u hate it?
ive heard alot of bad about them
but i also heard alot of good
so i dk

bb curve > *

too bad mines broken right now :frowning:

I’ve got all the usual problems.

It has the documented ring problems. It loses sound every so often, so when a call comes in it doesn’t ring and you miss it. The only proven cure is to reset the phone every day.

I use the keyguard so when I slide in and out of the holster it doesn’t push random keys. But it doesn’t work. When I turn it on there might be 6 or 7 apps open and screens up. Trying to answer a call is a pain. Palm says it works fine.

It frequently just freezes.

I trandomly has to be hard reset because built in apps just start giving errors. Then you have to restore all your apps and settings.

And…they just fail. I’m on my third one since August. The average seems to be between 9 and 13 per year failure rate. And oddly most people report each one they get behaves differently.

Verizon covers it for 1 yr and will keep replacing it. After 3 replacements they’ll give you a different phone, but what, a Razr? It’s the only phone with the feature set that they carry. I can’t get a straight answer what they’ll do after one year. I’m waiting for a time to sit down with it to restore it again and will take it in and get yet another one.

sounds like a standard treo…

A lot of guys have posted who used to have 650’s and other Treo and say that it is much worse.

It’s to bad because there are a lot of nice features. Just seems like they rushed it out. It’s missing smart things like missed call reminders and the constant PIA glitches. It’d also be nice to have bult in GPS too.

oh i see
i dk
i want one for the whole organizational thing
cuz i used my en v for it
but it isn’t that good
i want something different
something better and a bit more baller
lol
:smiley:

The organzier is ok. The fact that is sync’s with Outlook for me is big. But it’s really pared down and for the way I want to use it doesn’t work well. I want it to default to month view and there’s no way to do that. The appointment reminders are really nice and I use that a lot.

What provider do you have? What other phone options are there?

i have verizon
and i dont know what other options there are
id get a blackberry but verizon effs u over and u have to get the data plan which is an additional 40 a month for internet
which i dont really need
and with the treo or the q i dont need the data plan
so i guess either a treo or q for smart phone wise
so yeah i dk
:confused:

They also have the 755P but it isn’t WM5. The Palm’s at least have the touch screen, which you really do want.

If you for sure are going with Verizon, they do have the 30 tryout plan. If you don’t like it, get something else. But have it planned out in advance so you don’t get stuck.

WAT?

yeah they have the 30 day try out period if you get it when u start your plan
well i started my plan like 5 months ago
and i got an en V but im looking for something to get now
and not have to wait till my plan is over in another year
and wouldn’t have to be like 500 for full retail

right now you are looking at full retail through VZW, or used through somewhere else. be wary of ebay and stolen/broken/water damaged phones.

yeah i know i am looking for a used one
and i know about the whole ebay thing
i was looking for a more local of a thing
hoping someone would be selling something or know someone who has one
that kinda thing