PDA cell phones

Who has them? Who likes what? . . .

I’m in the market for one. I think I could really benefit from one, so I wondered if anyone had experience with any. I have Verizon.

Showtime has the Treo 650 and it looks like a really nice setup. I lean tward that, but really dont know what else comprable is out there. Thanks for any insight.

based on some of showtimes posts about phones, i’m pretty sure he can talk circles around me on the subject, and i dont know what the non-palm options are but I’d go with the 650. i had one. it was great. plus now they are relatively cheap. i got upgraded to the 700w because of a friend at verizon and it was nothing but problems, infact one crashed on me and had to be replaced… microsoft should stick to computers IMO. That new Q phone they offer on verizon has windows, and it also seems like garbage. its like palm and blackberry got together, combined all the shittiest qualities and put them in one phone.
I finally got a 700p which is basically a 650 with faster internet. probably not worth the extra money though.
the only draw back i had with the 650 was my blue tooth headset wasnt very loud. the windows software seemed to be the solution to the problem because now that i’m back to palm its quiet again.

I have a treo 700w for work and it’s a POS. get a good cell pnone and then get a PDA if you need one. Mix the 2 together and they fucking suck. You don’t buy a still photo camera for it’s movie taking abilities or a camcorder because it takes still photos.

and verizon has the worst coverage of any cell phone provider, fuck verizon.

i love my 650

The thing with me is that I could never carry a cell and a PDA, AND my digi cam all together. I like the fact that I can have everything in one device that I can carry around. That said, i’m just looking for the best one really…

anyone heard about the samsung one thats out?

runs windows. id stay away

x2 plus i’ve always heard you should stay away from anything that slides like that… they look cool, but they wont stand up for the 2 years that you need a verizon phone to last.

i have the 650 and if someone sends me a text that’s over 160 characters i just dont’ get it, no alert saying i missed a message, nothing, just don’t get it.

650 < poo

texting sux, 160 character limit, sending and recieving.
Internet access is slo as ballz
Call drops, suck
Blue tooth is crackily
some times my texts come hours after they were sent
Frezzes up on me
locks out
recently it locked up and stayedf on a call for over 2 hours.

Try the moto Q cheeks has one, ask him how he likes it

yeah if you text and then immediatly try and call…it’ll freeze

i had the treo 700… i complained about it
i now have a blackberry with phone… the newest model, i hate it so bad and now realize how great the treo700 is in comparison. honestly the technology just isn’t out yet for a really good phone/pda. they all have gaps, but the treo700 had the lease.

Q looks nice, i think im goona try and get one of those.

but damn, I have to have the PALM,…

• > palm os

i have no problems at all

I have the Q and love it, I haven’t had a real problem with it yet other than battery life…it sucks. I have to charge the phone before the end of my day, albeit a 20 hour day but still

we talked a little about this earlier this week

but i checked verizon to see what your options were…

Treo 650 Palm
Treo 700 windows
Treo 700 Palm
Starcom 6700 windows
Samsung I730 windows
Motorola Q windows.

personally i like palm over windows mobile…better & more software & its cheaper &/or free…& i got a ton of stuff you can have.
plus all the windows based phones i’ve played with were pigs.

if you can get a deal on a 650 just get it…i don’t think the features of the 700 make it worth paying the extra $ cause its newer.

the new Q is supposidly nice & the new hotness…but again i don’t like windows…& from what ive seen of it …it thinner but wider then a 650

the 6700 is cool & from forums i’ve been on people like it.

the SamsungI730 is slick…its the never verision of my old phone (if you remember it) but they switched to windows.

i think they are all realitively decent phones…it just depends on what you want (features, size, etc…)

but like i said…if you can get a deal on a 650…go fir it & save some loot over buying one of those “newer” phones.

this is a great site to get info…you can search by brand, carrier, etc…
have lots of info
www.phonescoop.com

good stuff, good stuff. thanks for the info so far!

anyone have anymore experience with these phones?

My “new every two” deal FINALLY came, so i’ll be shopping when I can find some time.

The only real ones i’ve been peeping are the samsung i830, treo, and the ‘verizon wireless’ pda… i forget the numbers.

I know you have Verizon… And I don’t like PDAs, but the nicest one i’ve seen is my friends Cingular 8125. Pretty nice.

treo ftw

I’ve got a Treo 650, and think it rocks. The first bluetooth piece I had was crackily ( I’m pretty sure it’s the same one you have Chaz) after losing it at a property (was hooked onto my shirt, and fell about 30-40 ft into a bed of ivy) I bought a much cheaper Jabra piece, in case it disappears. I don’t have much of the cracke issue, however it isn’t too loud and I don’t get the full 30ft range with it.
Mine is with Verizon, and I get occasional drop calls, but not too bad. The only problem I had with it was that it wasn’t synching with my Microsoft Outlook Contacts for a week or so, then one morning it crashed and I lost 80% of my business contacts. Mainly Customer information. I’ve got a back-up plan now and have not had any issues since.
The whole reason I bought mine was for work (Real Estate). The IR function in it allows me to use it as a “digital key” and allows me to gain access to lockboxes at properties. I used to carry a phone, a planner, and a “key box” that was the size of an old school pager. Now I just carry my Treo.
I’ve talked to a few people with the 700w (windows based) and they’ve had a few problems. A lot of Real Estate Agents are working with either the 650 or 700p (palm based) and I don’t hear too many complaints.