Opinions - new PDA phone?

Okay - I might be able to get a new PDA phone from work.

Caveat 1: it has to be from Verizon.

That being said, they are mostly the same. I’d be using this one as a phone (obviously) as well as keeping in touch with e-mail, even on the road. I also have the need to do several apps as well. Currently, there are several options from their website:

1. Motorola Q9m
    http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/mot_q_9m.jpg

Newest Motorola Q - now with Windows Mobile 6. Downside - uses “Documents-to-Go” (a VZW app, I think), rather than Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, etc. Still a non-touch screen, but don’t know if that’s a pro or con.

1. VZW XV6700
    http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/vzw_xv6700.jpg

From my understanding, it’s in short supply, and was supposed to be replaced with the XV6800 (unknown release date).

1. Samsung SCH-i760
    http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/sam_i760.jpg

Seems to have a better screen and keypad (slider) for typing. Phone buttons seem to be in odd positions, though. Also seems to have the new WM6. Don’t know much about it otherwise.

1. Palm Treo 700p / 700wx
    http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/treo_700p.jpghttp://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/med/palm_treo_700wx.jpg

Familiar machines, also near the end of their life cycle, IIRC. Palm Vs. WindowsMobile 5.0. I could use either, really - but it’s the most expensive - and seems to have the smallest screens.

Any ideas from people who have used these phones would be appreciated.

I firmly believe that the XV6800 will never be released. :stuck_out_tongue: What’s it going on a year now since it was supposed to first be out?

I’ve got the predecessor to the i760 and I like it a lot. Very stable. Well built.

The 700p has the highest resolution screen at 320x320.

Honestly you’re going to get a ton of opinions, but I say just go play with them and pick what you like best. They’ll all do what you need. They’ll be stable if you don’t load them with every fly-by-night app you can find.

dont get the Q…i’ve heard horrible things about them…

get a blackberry :tup:

the Q9m is supposed to be a huge improvement, but there is huge differences between the phones you listed.

In all honesty, the 6800 was never given a firm release date from Verizon, all of it was speculation from January 15th til just recently. Verizon only pushed the date back from Oct 15th to November 15th because of some BT issue.

Don’t even both getting the 6700. I would get a Blackberry of some sort, they are made like a brick shithouse.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:3,topic:38272"”]

dont get the Q…i’ve heard horrible things about them…

get a blackberry :tup:

[/quote]

annnnnnnnnd wrong

Q9m is a great improvement over the previous gen Q. I have owned the Q9m, xv6700, and used the Treo 700wx

Treo is nice, personally I like the Q9m better as it has WM6.

Q9m keyboard is BY FAR the best smartphone keyboard i’ve had. That includes the blackberry 8830 as I had that as well.

xv6700 blows dick.

blackberry’s are cool, but it totally depends what type of email you have. If you have an exchange server and you don’t get a WM6 phone especially with Exchange 2007 out, you are pretty retarded.

[quote=“chino,post:6,topic:38272"”]

annnnnnnnnd wrong

Q9m is a great improvement over the previous gen Q. I have owned the Q9m, xv6700, and used the Treo 700wx

Treo is nice, personally I like the Q9m better as it has WM6.

Q9m keyboard is BY FAR the best smartphone keyboard i’ve had. That includes the blackberry 8830 as I had that as well.

xv6700 blows dick.

blackberry’s are cool, but it totally depends what type of email you have. If you have an exchange server and you don’t get a WM6 phone especially with Exchange 2007 out, you are pretty retarded.

[/quote]

annnddd not wrong, i didn’t realize they “upgraded” the Q… the original was a piece of shit. The Sprint workers said they have never seen a phone come back so many times with so many problems and that they wouldn’t tell anyone to get that phone.

I have the blackberry 8830…no problems yet…had it since…september

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:7,topic:38272"”]

annnddd not wrong, i didn’t realize they “upgraded” the Q… the original was a piece of shit. The Sprint workers said they have never seen a phone come back so many times with so many problems and that they wouldn’t tell anyone to get that phone.

[/quote]

at least you are on the cutting edge of technology and not spreading mis-information… :wink:

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:7,topic:38272"”]

[/quote]

and yes you were wrong, the phone model was clearly stated…

:thankyou:

edit: and back to actually helping the OP, my previous question is important. What do you use for email ?

6800 FTW

sprint FTW too…

[quote=“chino,post:9,topic:38272"”]

Yea, I am spreading mis-information, wonder what makes you guys experts ??

Did you two own all of these phones?

and yes you were wrong, the phone model was clearly stated…

edit: and back to actually helping the OP, my previous question is important. What do you use for email ?

[/quote]

I wasn’t poking fun at you, I was making fun of Kristen because she obviously has no clue about what she is talking about. Easy there, Jimbo, I have nothing but the highest respect for you… :wink:

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:11,topic:38272"”]

I wasn’t poking fun at you, I was making fun of Kristen because she obviously has no clue about what she is talking about. Easy there, Jimbo, I have nothing but the highest respect for you… :wink:

[/quote]

thats it i’m going to beat your ass.

fucking 3:15 at the flagpole.

sorry today has been a shitty day at work, since I can’t lash out at people at the workplace I am praying on the posters of nyspeed.

I definitely just curled up a little in my chair(in fear)

i have a treo and its fucking rocks… internet, windows operating system, miscrosoft word/excel/outlook email etc.

LOl poser of nyspeed? retard. the Q sucked according the people who sell the phone daily.

I own the 8830…and it’s great.

those are facts.

it’s also a fact your a dumbass.

have a good day :slight_smile: Mwah!

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:15,topic:38272"”]

LOl poser of nyspeed? retard. the Q sucked according the people who sell the phone daily.

I own the 8830…and it’s great.

those are facts.

it’s also a fact your a dumbass.

have a good day :slight_smile: Mwah!

[/quote]

wow how dumb.

posTer does not = poser.

who’s dumb now ?

your still a dumb ass.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:17,topic:38272"”]

your still a dumb ass.

[/quote]

you’re

wowwwwww.

do you really think i give a fuck about my spelling on this board. anything is better then night crew posts.

sorry i don’t have time to sit at a computer and proof read before i post.

your hitting my ignore list today.

so fuck you and bye bye “chino”

I still hate the Q9m, still has some of the issues of the first, meh

just get a Blackberry