Opinions - new PDA phone?

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:19,topic:38272"”]

do you really think i give a fuck about my spelling on this board. anything is better then night crew posts.

sorry i don’t have time to sit at a computer and proof read before i post.

your hitting my ignore list today.

so fuck you and bye bye “chino”

[/quote]

this thread is the reason why 80 years ago you were not allowed to vote.

i’ll take that as a day crew victory for me :tup:

im partial to the blackberry’s. but no one ever asks me

did anyone see my post about Sprint FTW?

jump to sprint and get the 6800!

[quote=“Locutus,post:23,topic:38272"”]

did anyone see my post about Sprint FTW?

jump to sprint and get the 6800!

[/quote]

did anyone see that it must be verizon?

[quote=“evolve,post:24,topic:38272"”]

did anyone see that it must be verizon?

[/quote]

i did. how about buying a 6800 then having sprint unlock the phone for you and going to verizon?

does verizon offer the unlocking feature?

lol… but seriously I can’t offer an opinion of the samsung, I’ve never had one.

IMO on verizon either go with a Q9m, or the 8830. If you are just using POP or something for gmail the 8830 is probably best.

If you have an exchange server at work, you REALLY should go with the Q9m as Exchange 2007 and WM6 really gives Blackberry enterprise server a run for its money.

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:19,topic:38272"”]

do you really think i give a fuck about my spelling on this board. anything is better then night crew posts.

sorry i don’t have time to sit at a computer and proof read before i post.

your hitting my ignore list today.

so fuck you and bye bye “chino”

[/quote]

you’re

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:27,topic:38272"”]

you’re

[/quote]

r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-repost!!!

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=728570&postcount=18

[quote=“66impalass,post:28,topic:38272"”]

[/quote]

It’s not a repost, it’s a totally different post that I am commenting on. In addition to the fact that Ms. Karus loves to point out about my lack of the letter “p” in apparently, I will return the favor whenever I can. As it appears, she is letting me do this quite often.

i’ve got to keep you busy at work rubi…

[quote=“Locutus,post:25,topic:38272"”]

i did. how about buying a 6800 then having sprint unlock the phone for you and going to verizon?

does verizon offer the unlocking feature?

[/quote]

verizon wont activate ESN’s not int heir database. currently, sprint “unlocking” phones means didly because no other CDMA carrier will activate them.

[quote=“66impalass,post:28,topic:38272"”]

[/quote]

nope sadly she did it a second time… so hers was a repost :slight_smile:

Ok - two things:

1. I have Exchange Server 2003 @ work.

2. I use Epocrates with my job, and it’s a WM/Palm OS app only at this point, so the Blackberry’s are out.

One thing I noticed with the Q9m, was that the phone doesn’t have inherent WiFi. Which makes syncing @ work more “difficult”… I’d probably have to rely on airtime instead - and since Verizon is now being picky about d/l volume/bandwidth, I don’t want to use that excessively.

So - Verizon being the laggard with new phones, I’d love to see the new Treo 755wx or 6800 before I get a new phone, but so far, it looks like either the Samsung (which also has WM6) or the 700wx are the pics to beat.

[quote=“traumadog,post:33,topic:38272"”]

Ok - two things:

2. I use Epocrates with my job, and it’s a WM/Palm OS app only at this point, so the Blackberry’s are out.

One thing I noticed with the Q9m, was that the phone doesn’t have inherent WiFi. Which makes syncing @ work more “difficult”… I’d probably have to rely on airtime instead - and since Verizon is now being picky about d/l volume/bandwidth, I don’t want to use that excessively.

So - Verizon being the laggard with new phones, I’d love to see the new Treo 755wx or 6800 before I get a new phone, but so far, it looks like either the Samsung (which also has WM6) or the 700wx are the pics to beat.

[/quote]

I would go against the 700wx because it is a good 1+ years old. Mid-November is the release date for the 6800. That what I would do if I were in your shoes.

[quote=“traumadog,post:33,topic:38272"”]

Ok - two things:

[/quote]

Are you not planning on getting unlimited data plan??? I’d strongly recommend against that.

If you are then airtime is not an issue.

If you are planning on using wi-fi on any of these phones be prepared to have your battery die in 4-5 hours… using wi-fi instead of evdo to sync is a bad call.

no dataplan on a pda phone = fun come bill time.

give the 6800 till thanksgiving.

[quote=“evolve,post:36,topic:38272"”]

no dataplan on a pda phone = fun come bill time.

give the 6800 till thanksgiving.

[/quote]

amen…

I dunno man - the 6700 was so bad I would have a hard time stomaching buying another one of their phones.

All though I’ve heard good things about it so far

[quote=“chino,post:38,topic:38272"”]

I dunno man - the 6700 was so bad I would have a hard time stomaching buying another one of their phones.

All though I’ve heard good things about it so far

[/quote]

i think u may have just gotten a bad one. there are plenty of happy people with those phones.

the 6800 does appear, from reports on sprint’s version, to be a big step up.

No - I do plan on the unlimited data plan; it’s just that I have large attachments in my e-mail sometimes and if you go over 5GB/month, I’ve heard that Verizon’s been “throttling back” lately to 700 kbps (which is a pain) or even terminating service.

I doubt I’d hit that 5GB amount, but it bugs me that I might be limited in any way. And I’m not worried about battery life, I wind up charging my phones nightly anyway.