Opinions - new PDA phone?

i’ve only heard of such things happening while tethered or using an aircard. can they tell the difference, ehhh, who really knows.

you dont have to download the full emails when you sync, just download the headers. Are you really planning on viewing those attachments on the phone?

[quote=“evolve,post:39,topic:38272"”]

i think u may have just gotten a bad one. there are plenty of happy people with those phones.

the 6800 does appear, from reports on sprint’s version, to be a big step up.

[/quote]

I know 5 people that had the phone they all complained of the same things… extremely slow and volume so low it was utterly useless as a phone

[quote=“traumadog,post:40,topic:38272"”]

No - I do plan on the unlimited data plan; it’s just that I have large attachments in my e-mail sometimes and if you go over 5GB/month, I’ve heard that Verizon’s been “throttling back” lately to 700 kbps (which is a pain) or even terminating service.

I doubt I’d hit that 5GB amount, but it bugs me that I might be limited in any way. And I’m not worried about battery life, I wind up charging my phones nightly anyway.

[/quote]

you will need to charge the phone way more frequently than nightly if you plan on using wifi all the time. I am not kidding, you’re not going to see more than 4-5 hours with wifi turned on.

[quote=“chino,post:43,topic:38272"”]

I know 5 people that had the phone they all complained of the same things… extremely slow and volume so low it was utterly useless as a phone

you will need to charge the phone way more frequently than nightly if you plan on using wifi all the time. I am not kidding, you’re not going to see more than 4-5 hours with wifi turned on.

[/quote]

true story… the 6800 is SOO much better though… faster, volume is louder, charge lasts longer, still wifi will kill you battery in mere hours…

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:42,topic:38272"”]

you dont have to download the full emails when you sync, just download the headers. Are you really planning on viewing those attachments on the phone?

[/quote]

Some of the attachments I need are detailed documents (policies, etc), so yes, I could be downloading them to view.

And no - I don’t plan on having WiFi on “all the time”.

The treo frekin rocks. It’s the most expensive because it’s by far the best. 2-4 days of battery life after 2 years, touch screen and durability like none other.

[quote=“eesti,post:46,topic:38272"”]

The treo frekin rocks. It’s the most expensive because it’s by far the best. 2-4 days of battery life after 2 years, touch screen and durability like none other.

[/quote]

thats awesome that you are having such results with it, however im amazed you used the word “durability” in a positive tone when talking about the treo

also touch screens ftl… there is no reason why i should need a stylus to work my phone :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“chino,post:48,topic:38272"”]

also touch screens ftl… there is no reason why i should need a stylus to work my phone :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

I have fat fingers, and managed quite well. The on-screen buttons are large enough to function without the stylus, although it is necessary if you run programs like Excel or Word.

[quote=“evolve,post:47,topic:38272"”]

thats awesome that you are having such results with it, however im amazed you used the word “durability” in a positive tone when talking about the treo

[/quote]

Have you had problems with one? I had mine for about 2 years, along with 2 of my co-workers, and none of us have had a single problem. The only complaint I ever had with the phone was difficulty in initially setting up email.

Q9m is fantastic. I love it. Though that Treo is nice, I prefer the Q9m.

Treo’s are not bad at all, they are good phones… they are just a bit outdated at this point IMO

[quote=“eesti,post:49,topic:38272"”]

Have you had problems with one? I had mine for about 2 years, along with 2 of my co-workers, and none of us have had a single problem. The only complaint I ever had with the phone was difficulty in initially setting up email.

[/quote]

i seem to get a fair amount back in the store with problems

I have a 700p and love it, but I’ve always been a fan of the Palm OS, have a good amount of patience with electronics, and like nerdy things.

I did not read the majority of this thread since i’m kind of in a hurry right now, just out of curiosity why not a BB 8830?

[quote=“AfXtc777,post:54,topic:38272"”]

I did not read the majority of this thread since i’m kind of in a hurry right now, just out of curiosity why not a BB 8830?

[/quote]

I use apps that need to have either Palm OS or WM.

bump

i jsut got the new i760 in the store. the thing is fuggin sweet. it has me rethinking my next phone purchase

kinda off topic, but i didn’t want to start a new thread for this question: i can get a treo 650 for pretty cheap, but i don’t need/want to use any of the internet functions. can i use the phone without upgrading my plan?

i like the Motorola Q9m

i love my Q9m