WTB: turbo parts

to be completely honest, from what i gather…your goals are not high. in my honest opinion you would be better off runing a 50shot of spray or a 75 shot of spray on the h22 as it sits. a budget setup is not the best idea for such a temperamental motor as the h22. the only way i would say go turbo is if you have rock solid plans to keep the car and build the motor later to up the boost. in which case a cheap turbo setup is going to be needed to be upgraded anyhow. and a cheap turbo kit will be harder to sell then a quality nitrous setup that would be cheaper for you anyway.

just my $.02

thats true, i plan on getting the mahle pistons for it, hopfully have it fully built by the end of summer so for the time being i want to run 5-6lbs then i can either get a new wastegate or change the spring, i only plan on running 12-15psi when its built

greddy emanage ultimate pm me if you are intrested

PMed

i doubt you will be interested but i have a k03 turbo which comes stock on VW 1.8t motors, 41,000 miles on it, no shaft play, clean. i dont know what your target HP is but this turbo spools very low (-1800rpm) and gave me 200whp on a 1.8L motor.

sorry i dont need it, i need something that spools around 3500 thanks tho

:bump:

ok, then here is what you CAN do on a budget. either make your own manifold as i stated(i can help you out), or buy a cheap OBX manifold or something similar on Ebay that will most likely crack later unless you build some sweet support brackets to take the weight of the turbo. then get a Saab t3 or a thunderbird turbo-coupe t3-60trim from a junkyard. get a tial WG from hybrid for around $200, and make your own downpipe from Ebay mandrel bends. you can buy the flanges at Autozone for $10. get one of those “universal intercooler piping kits” from ebay in 2.5". pick up a chip-able ECU and talk to Slomies about using his chip burner and tuning software. i think he even has some base maps on Crome or Uberdata or something.

if you do all of this you should get it done cheaper than $1200. please tell me you have done the “auto-tensioner fix” on your h22. if not spend the $150 and do that first

thanks for the help and info bro i appreciate it. i havent done the manual tensioner swap yet, i have to replace the water pump due to a bad o-ring gasket but i planned on doing the conversion when i change the pump and timing belt

:edit: i might take you up on helping me with a manifold :smiley: