WTB: You build me a computer

Here is what i want:

A media center PC with SVIDEO or RCA output, sd cardslot on the front of the machine.

I would provide you with my existing piece of crap PC, it has an 80 gig drive with only music files that i want to keep…

No monitor or keyboard needed just the PC case set up with Media center setup and running ready to dvr etc…

who wants to try this and how cheap can you build it?

(Does not need to be fast, no games will run on it, it will only be used as a media center + webrowsing etc)

do you just want the new video card, and the new sd card slot in the same pc, or do you want a new computer just salvaging you old hard drive?

hmm, a bit more specific on exactly what u want? and do u have xp media center?

All i have is piece of crap pIII

I want you to build me an entirely new machine (new case and all)

I have seen the media center cases that are small, and yes it would require me to also buy the media center OS, which i was gonna talk to my college student friend about to see if i can get a discount…

I think ur talking about a HTPC case

HTPC cases are the small ones, they look like dvd players and such, they arent cheap, and usually a pain in the ass to get everything in them, sice they are so small.

I got XP media center if needed. In any case i can do it for ya.

PM me if u want any more info

GN’s right… the HT style cases are ridiculous expensive.

Just find a decent micro-case that is amicable for much less.

I’ve been debating this idea for a while too… [subscribed] for specs.

Nick

PM 95accordvtec, he does this all the time. he could prolly do it for like $600

If you could use my existing case that would be fine I guess, its huge but I dont care…

I guess all i would need then is a new MB and proccessor, I already have the cd drives etc…

pm me and maybe you can just advise me on what to buy?

and a tv tuner card i imagine?

are you still in roch? if so i can help you out. pm me