WTF Capital One?

http://tinyurl.com/26pu2px

How about some cliffs instead…

i only use my capital one card for gas purchases…i always make sure to pay it on time…they will rape u …its my only card beside my M&T check card with Visa logo…

Capital One did this to me about 2 years ago. I had a fixed rate 4.9% card with them, which I always paid on time, etc. I got a letter from them one day saying (in summary), “We’re not making as much money as the rest of the industry is, so we’re changing your rate of 4.9% to 21% effective immediately.” Needless to say I called and bitched unsuccessfully, then paid off my balance and told them to go to hell and close my account.

rewards cards - this month I am getting 5% cashback bonus on restaurants, groceries and gas with discover card. I think last time I checked my rewards balance was over $100. Pay your balance in full on time and you won’t be charged interest. Oh hai mr. free money, nice to meet you. I got 5% cashback on my $800 mac mini too.

low interest - toss the cash in high interest savings, bonds, stocks etc… Then you can MAKE money while spending money

now, while you are building all of this fantastic credit because your credit card company loves you, you will see more benefits. When it’s time to purchase that nice new car, you can finally take advantage of those 0% for 60 months deals that car companies run every so often. More free loans that allow you to invest even more!!!

^ This is the exact reason I don’t have a Capital One card anymore nor will I be financing another car with them (after financing the last 2 with them). 7 year account holder, perfect customer, fixed rate 5.99 jumped to 21% with the exact same letter and no late payments on my end. I went online, paid the current balance in full (which I did pretty much every month) and the next day once the payment had posted called and canceled the account. I wouldn’t let them transfer me to a supervisor in retention to attempt to save my account, so the next day a supervisor called me for the phone blowjob offering a reduced rate, better perks etc etc. I told them to suck it, and next time not to treat their good customers like random assholes behind an account number.

capitolone is the only card that I know of that charges no fees to use in canada… it’s the only reason I still have the card.

If you really told him to suck it, that be amazing.

And you also don’t undertand credit very well, not all debt is bad debt. Also, if you pay your CC in full and on time every month you don’t pay interest or late payments. Also it builds credit faster than a loan does. Also with a loan you are paying interest on a depriciating asset in most cases, and if you use a CC an pay it off every month, credit is built quicker and with no interest.

I just use a chase rewards card I pay in full every month. Haven’t carried a balance over a month in almost two years. Last year I received over $200 in free monies.

I think I’ve gotten back around $1k in travel expenses from my Capital One no hassle miles card, so I’m not about to ditch them. But they can still S my D.

My mortgage is with Wells Fargo so when they sent me their rewards card offer and I went over the details I jumped on it. 1% cashback goes directly to the principal of my mortgage. Set it up to autopay my monthly bills, daycare, use it for groceries, gas and internet purchases and that 1% adds up quick.

Credit cards suck, I can’t wait to pay off all my debt! lol

i probably dont. only economics class i took was in college with some indian lady that i never understood even when she was calling my name for attendance. didnt know credit can be built quicker with the cc though. ive only had one credit card and one loan before, and when i took the autoloan out they said my cs was a 728 and i had a 5.4% interest rate with no cosigner. so i figured im doing ok and didnt need to change what ive been doing.:dunno:

Keep up what you are doing, I guess I should say faster which what i have read is true, but def. easier than a loan. Just make sure you pay it full every month so you don’t pay interest. You should pull your credit report every 4 months to take a look on what is on there. No need to acutally pull your score unless you are going to apply for a mortgaage or car.

REALLY… my new house ended up with Wells Fargo after all the dust settled (was sold 6 times in a 4 week period after closing)

Capital One is the progressive of credit cards. They specialize in low credit high risk people… hence why they are so prevalent on college campuses. Switch to someone else.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I fail to see how this is any better than a card that gives you 1%+ cash back directly? I get up to 5%… if I wanted to put it towards my mortgage principal, I could… don’t see why this is advantageous unless they said “We give 1% cash back, unless you want to apply it to your WF mortgage, then we’ll make it 2%” or something.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

:tup: I get between $1k-$2k cash back per year…

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

STFU Dave Ramsey

Thanks for reminding me lol. last month i was a day late and got a $20 fee because of it… there used to be a 30 day grace period.

I find that being in an office with internet and free time every day does wonders for paying all of my bills on time. Plus I have autopay on the minimum payments on all of mine as backup :tup:

I got a really good rate for a capitol one auto loan. This thread is making me second guess using it.