WTF HALO 3?!?!?

ok so after playing the game nonstop for 3 days with my roommate, my disc has now stopped working. iv been reading on other sites about how its starting to affect alot more people and nobody wants to fix it. anybody here having the problem at all? im getting disc reading errors and now the game wont even work at all. good job bungie, way to produce quality gaming material :tdown:

Now we’ll see a big thing on how you’re not supposed to play over a certain amount of time/day.

My Halo 3 caused my 360 to stop working the day i bought it. For validity refer to MOBOOST4U… I was pretty pissed.

you probably warped the cd from the heat created from the xbox. lol

i haven’t had that problem, probably 10 friends that aren’t on here also have not.

What I have noticed though is that my friends list will now freeze up if I’m NOT on h3, if I’m just on the dashboard viewing my friends.

Someone was saying not to shut the 360 off while the disk was inside it, it could scratch it. But I checked mine,m which has been in the tray since the 25th, and it’s still prefect.

There’s a thread about it on xbox, here I looked it up for you http://forums.xbox.com/15759968/ShowPost.aspx . Get to reading man it’s almost up to 100 pages.

Try to do the maintnence or whatever on the hdd, I forgot how to do it.
Also try renting another copy and see if it’s that specific disk. If it isn’t then call MS and see what they say.

well now my system is fried. it wont play any games or load anything. no i read all that ish before i posted, i just wanted to see who and what was happening to any of the locals around here and what they are doing to fix it. i could care less either way, it gives me a reason to not play it all day, which is fine with me. i just want my system fixed or something done my bungie or microsoft to fix it since im not the only one its happened to.

No problems with my 360 or halo3 so far. In fact come to think of it GOW was the only game to ever cause problems on my 360. The only problem i have with H3 is the way thin air seems to block my sniper rifle rounds, yet some walls let them fly right through. Bungie deffinately was in a hurry to push the final copy out. ASSES.

i have not had problems

[quote=“bobbyg1243,post:6,topic:36503"”]

well now my system is fried. it wont play any games or load anything. no i read all that ish before i posted, i just wanted to see who and what was happening to any of the locals around here and what they are doing to fix it. i could care less either way, it gives me a reason to not play it all day, which is fine with me. i just want my system fixed or something done my bungie or microsoft to fix it since im not the only one its happened to.

[/quote]

so did u actually read any of those forum posts, they are doing something about the disks, they will send you another one

[quote=“BuickGN,post:9,topic:36503"”]

so did u actually read any of those forum posts, they are doing something about the disks, they will send you another one

[/quote]

well, i know they will replace the game, but that still leaves me with a broken 360. it wont play any games at all now.

what error does it give you, when you put in a game?

dirty disk?, if so clean the laser on the cdrom, worked for me. it seems that whenever i play a burned game, the laser sometimes goes out of whack, and all i have to do to fix it is put a store bought game in, i dunno, its wierd

Yet another reason why Halo 3 sucks…

Halo 1? solid game, 2? ehhh… 3? no…

well it says that i need to insert an official xbox game. and it just freezes up. iv never played any burned games in it and i never had any problems up until now. i guess im just going to wait it out and see if a patch comes out or microsoft decides they will fix it.

I had an issue playing halo 3 as well. I got to the end of the game and was totally let down with sappy BS.

i just scooped up HALO 3 and the Halo 3 special edition system a few days ago…and havent had any problems yet…

I’v been playing everyday now since I bought it, no problems yet.

Yeah the single player was a let down due to iit being short but in reality this is a multi-player game, even the campaign is designed really for co-op mode.

my roommate is on his thrid x-box in a few weeks and another friend is on his second. Thay all seem to be failing now. My roommates new one seems to be holding up to relentless 24 hour a day gameplay though…

Havent had any problems with mine.

[quote=“Penfold,post:17,topic:36503"”]

my roommate is on his thrid x-box in a few weeks and another friend is on his second. Thay all seem to be failing now. My roommates new one seems to be holding up to relentless 24 hour a day gameplay though…

[/quote]

Well this is supposed to be the first game that truly tests the 360’s threshold. I think what we have here is a game thats maybe a little too powerfull for the system.