Halo 3 BETA finally working!!!!

if ur still unable to get the BETA to work try this…

YOU HAVE 2 DO HDD MAINTENANCE. GO 2 UR DASHBOARD, THEN GO TO THE TAB THAT SAYS SYSTEM AND CLICK MEMORY. HIGHLIGHT UR HDD AND PRESS Y. THEN PRESS X X LB RB X X. SAY YES WHEN PROMPTED 2 DO MAINTENANCE. LOAD UP CRACKDOWN AND U GET A UPDATE AND THEN GO 2 DOWNLOADS AND BAM!! ITS BLUE!!! DOWNLOAD!!!

tight…

if you dont’ get text on the screen, reboot the xbox, load the beta version and hold d-pad UP and the A button when you see bungie… it should enter maintenance mode and fix it… (another known issue)

also, 3 month xbox live cards for 10 bucks

Thanx for the info about the cards…that’s 1/2 off!!!

Chad,
Lets see you do this on your Wii…haha

:rofl:

i need a 360

i have a premium 360, it needs repaired, it costs $120 to get it fixed-i called microsoft. i didn’t find the receipt until i moved, or it would have been covered under warrenty. if you want it, $50.

{{{{{btw, i have the receipt now…

i might take it

whats broken?

Probably the main board problem with the glue/silicon that makes the boards fall apart under heat. My friend just chucked his off onebay for about that much.

I much rather buy a brand new one froma store

wtf you talkin’ bout willis

Does that broken 360 give an error code or just red lights around the power button? I call dibs after slowcamaro.

On a side note - it seems Microsoft pulled a fast one on every one with a modified firmware. Since the newest dashboard update and the Halo 3 beta - a good majority of folks with the hacked DVD drive have been banned from Live. No one knows for sure just how they detect it, but its definitely a concern for anyone who uses Live with the firmware. I myself have not updated to the newest dashboard simply because I’ve been playing Wii. Just a heads up for any one who hasn’t heard yet.

i will take it

I read an article at IGN.com about modded consoles being banned from Live…Can’t blame Microsoft for wanting to monitor and protect their online service

I understand their motives and can’t really blame them for it - but I think in the long run it was a poor decision. Getting rid of cheaters is one thing, but I have never personally heard of anyone cheating on x360 simply because data on the discs cannot be changed without ruining the encryption built into the games. So that narrows it down to people who pirate games (but still use Live) and people who legitimately ‘backup’ their games (which I would venture to guess is a very small percentage). It’s a fact that MS LOSES money on each x360 console they sell and their profits come from licensing the games and from the Xbox Live marketplace. So in theory, if someone goes and buys another console just for Live - MS loses that money a 2nd time. If they kick off a large portion of modded boxes who still use Live ($50 a year easy) and any potential sales of arcade games or video - thats more money down the drain. It’s not like everyone who gets banned is going to go buy another 360 AND tons of games AND keep their Live service. I guess I am just bitter that they took away my cake while I was eating it…

I guess they dont have the firmware with the switches like the Xbox1 had? I want to get a 360 and mod it but dont want to get owned if I use live.

They do have little chips that let you switch which firmware the drive boots. It lets you switch between stock and modded with a little switch. Haven’t really looked into it because until now that was the poor alternative to just flashing the DVD-ROM.

I would never consider midding any console i own. I’m very picky when it comes to games. I only buy the games i really really wanna play. If i’m curious, i’ll rent…Just not worth it to potentially fry the console just to play copied games

the xbox360 mod is a firmware flash… no soldering or anyway to fry the console… naturally you can brick a drive by not flashing it properly… but i know a few people that have done it a few times with no issues.