Xbox 360 is a piece of s**t

Ugh. How lame. I got the ring of death on my Xbox 360 a few weeks ago but it seemed to be fine after I let it sit for a while. I was able to play it for the most part with a few freeze ups here and there (which it didn’t do at all at first).

Last night, I couldn’t get past the initial startup screen. I called Microsoft they walked me through some things and it seemed to be working fine. I had to take off my HD to test it. So I got off the phone with them, popped my HD back on and the red lights were back. Then it wouldn’t start or do anything.

I am sending it out to get fixed today. I was reading through a forum on Gamespot.com and some people have had to get multiple fixes or multiple Xboxs. One guy said he was on his 7th!!!

Microsoft is still having some quality issues apparently. That is a little ridiculous. I’ve had my PS3 longer and it has been working fine.

Say what you will about Sony but my PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP never failed to work. /rant

this is happening to alot of people over the last few weeks, Mine did it last night, im fixing it myself as we speek. Im taking pics and will be putting it up here on how to fix it. Whats happening is that motherboard gets too hot and it flexes, causing some solder points to come loose. This is caused by the shitty x-connectors that are holding on the heat sinks. They are not clamping down even enough to stop the flexing. Thus causing the rings. A simple fix. Get rid of the xconnectors and use small nuts to hold the heat sinks on without the xconnector.

mine hasnt done this…seeing that i have not played it in a long while. once i start using it again… and if this happens…

i’ll bring mine to kevin :stuck_out_tongue: <3

I hate my sony’s, yet I hate my xbox too though.

kevin if you get yours up an runnin right you wanna fix mine for a nominal fee of course??

yeah, but it voids warranty.

its just wierd after the latest live update this is happening. Alot of people are getting this now.

But its a simple 5 dollar fix, which is cool. Hopefully it works.

How do you guys like the intercooler? I have had one since I bought my 360 and I havent had a problem yet.

heard bad things about it not working like they say it does, but if its working for you, thats cool. One thing to do is cut out the mesh on the back to get the fans to flow more. But this is only after the warranty has expired.

great when should i plan to drop it off lol

ill let u know later today if it worked, i gotta drive all the way to shit USA to get thermal paste, fuck!!!

When I called Microsoft, one of their first questions was whether I was using an Intercooler (fan attachment, they called it). I have heard bad things about it.

Ugh this sucks.

I heard about this the other day. Why is it becoming a problem now??

It’s always been a problem. The launch systems had issues but that is expected. They were supposed to have been cleared up but I bought mine in November, 1 year after launch and it has already shit the bed.

i took my “intercooler” apart and modded it into the inside of the case, one fan is directly connected to the heatsink blowing air through it and a second is attached to the bottom/side, depending on how your xbox sits, bringing fresh air into the system. its a little bit louder but not to bad considering if you have an intercooler its going to be loud anyways, but its seems to work so far.

solution: http://www.vantecusa.com/p_td_8038h.html

As long as you dont mind the system sounding like it has a jet engine in it.

Where does that go?

its an 80mm fan, replace the stock fan. theyre loud as fuck but move a massive amount of air

sony sucks just as bad as microsoft…when i worked at gamestop i couldnt tell you how many ps2 systems game in that just shit the bed. There was one guy who bought a refurb…took him 6 different systems before he got one that worked.

Moral of all of this… fuck microsoft and sony… buy nintendo… WII ROCKS!

Yeah, we all know how well nintendo has been doing the past 8 years for consoles :rollseyes: The Wii may be the exception, but time will tell.

Wii is fun and all, but I don’t know that developers are going to be keep supporting the “gimmicky” control system they have with the Wiimote.

Some seem to embrace it and do great things with it. Others don’t use it to its full extent.

That’s weird about the guy with all the PS2 issues. I had a launch system that is still performing to this day. The only thing that ever went wrong was I had to take it apart and clean the laser. I think it froze twice in 5 years.

That’s a lot more than I can say for Xbox 360.

I’d love to put that fan in it, but I don’t want to void my warranty. It looks like I am going to need it.