XBOX rant

3 ring’s o death

fuck, 3 weeks of no COD :frowning:

:frowning: Did you try overheating it with the towel?

damn, everyone i know that has an 360 has gotten the red ring of death…

lol join the club, mine has been working pefect since i had the cooling upgrade done. my dvds dont even get hot anymore.

I still haven’t had any rings yet. What do you guys suggest to keep it this way? What is the cooling upgrade?

^ i just have mine out in the open so heat does not have anywhere to build up

knock on wood hasnt hit me yet, but it evens out because xbox live fucking sucks ass everytime i am on, and i get disc read errors at least once a day.

god xbox 360 sucks, but its so fun.

unfortunately that is only 1/2 of the issues, the heat builds up inside the box and the stock cooling fans are way to slow to keep up with it. I had the 12v mod done to mine, the fans spin at full speed, plus the removed the x-clamps and put real paste on the gpu, cpu and memory chips, they also sealed everything inside so the airflow has nowhere to go but out.

lol u get disk read errors and ur shit isnt even modded right?

try cleaning the lens, i have a lens cleaner if you want to borrow it.

falcon ftw…

knock on wood

wtf I was thinking about buying a xbox but you need 101 tricks to keep the fucking thing alive and running.

Man. Mine is flawless except the read errors on a few discs, but mines modded

I saw a display unit at WalMart a few days ago that had a ring of death I Lol’d

Oh can I come over too? it’s fun at your place. :mamoru:

pff mine has been fine…knocking on wood very hard right now…

the only thing I worry with mine is that I have it near my fireplace (its under our TV) and that extra heat worries me a little

nice, I instead waited until i could find a falcon

i see the red ring also at department stores, it makes me lol

Mine overheated and I had the 3 rings. Let it cool down now it works. I think I am going to by one of those external fans. I heard those do a pretty good job.

I’v had mine for nearly two years now, no problems. I run a the nyko fan on mine. No matter what people say I think that fan works.

QFT

got mine about a month ago, it’s not modded and i plan on keeping it that way…no problems yet…and a few of my friends have xbox 360’s and none have had any problems at all :gotme:

maybe everybody posting in here just plays xbox way too much…