WTF: Sports Cards Help

I Have 1000’s Of football, Hockey, Baseball, Basketball Cards…Lots of Names I Know O.j Simposn, andrea reed, rejjie jacksonbruce smith, antone davis, pat ryan,scottie pippen…thurnman thomasmarshal falk…Lots of sabres…I KNOPW NOTHING ABOUT SPORTS CARD MY UNCLE GAVE ME BOXES WHEN HE MOVED AND I NEED MONEY IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYRTHING ABOUT EM ID LIKE TO SELL EM ON EBAY…SMALL FINDERS FEE MAY BE PAID IF I COME INTO SOME MONEY…SO PLEASE HELP ME FUND MY TEG PORJECT!!!

-Anthony

that makes 2 of us.

i got alot that are just sitting here and have moved them a hundred of times.

if anyone knows anything…well have a lil get together get some food…beer n go thru all the cards n then hit up EBAY!

Let me know if you get any guidance on this stuff. I have 92 series cards and some random ones sitting around still in mint condition.

I think I have my Magic The Gathering cards around somewhere too.

I had a dresser full of cards…

And one day my mom decided to throw them out.

The garbage men were sitting on the side of the road for almost a half hour until they put everything in the front of the truck and drove off. She is lucky to be alive.

I used to follow that stuff, but no more. Go to the flea market and get rid of them. They have magazines there that tell you what they are worth if you don’t like the offer… but its probably the least painful way of moving them.

I have a shitload of MLB and NFL cards.
some basketball ones too.
Mostly last 80s, early-mid 90s.
A lot I still have in the foil packages.

Sort through them and pick out any names you recognize and then donate the rest to Amvets.

I gave most of my late 80’s-mid 90’s sports cards away because they’re not worth anything.Dave & Adams told me unless its 50’s 60’s stuff…they’re not interested.

ugh good luck

I would say start by picking out rookie and insert cards (usually serial # xxxx/xxxx kind of a thing) The rest isn’t going to be worth a whole lot.

I have a ton of old cards at my parents house, I should dig them out and see if theres anything worthwhile.

i have quite a bit also…i’ve had them since i was very young.

you will need to start by getting some price guides…(beckett, tuff stuff, yada yada)… or go to some sport card stores…get some priced out and see what they are worth.

then go from there

meh. i’ve played around at omega sports at the summit park ‘mall’… and found that most of the cards from the years we were collecting… are generally kinda worthless now, unfortunately. i’ve got thousands upon thousands in WNY, and honestly don’t care about what happens to mine. i doubt there’s anything worth over $10 - and even if it is - doesn’t mean there’s much, if any demand :gotme:

hey diddy i got shoe boxes full as well at my house… lets ask rich tommorow at work he has his own card store and will start up a store together

look up prices of the cards and just throw them on ebay for 3/4 the book price. my dad made some good money selling sports cards.

i might be interested in buying the cards off you if you post up some details and what not… let me know. thanks

I have thousands of sports cards too from the 80s and 90s, havent a clue what to do with them except keep them until I"m old. I havent gone through them, but pulled out a few and didnt find much value to them.

some 80’s stuff has some value. lot of good football rookie cards early to mid 80’s best bet is to sort them by sport, then by year and set. this should give you a good starting point. then pick up current beckett guides and check the values of the sets you have. if there are any decent value single cards listed, check to see if you have them. any big names worth 20 or more, they might be worth getting graded if in good shape. say you have a montana rookie, its value can be 100 or less un graded. if it gets a high grade it could be worth over 1000. but if the corners arent in good shape or its off center the grade will be lower and it may just be book value.

sorting them by set/year is the key to finding anything valuable. good luck.

LOL if anyone wants some I have Thousands of cards in those hard card holders.Give me 3/4 book and well be BFF’s.I estimated my collection in the late 90’s to be close to 1/2 MILLION(500,000) book value.Even then you were lucky to get 10% of book price unless you were willing to set up for shows and hopefully the right buyer was looking for what you had.I still have boxes and boxes(the 5,000 ct ones) of 90 Leaf baseball where commons were a $.25 and any player you had heard of was $2+.Now the stupid things just sit in my garage.
Heres a deal- anyone that wants what I have, give me $5K and they’re yours.I dig everything out and help you load them up.No commons either.
D

BUMP! I have a bunch of cards and a few other memorabilia pieces that I’m looking to sell. Are there any good places in the area that buy them? I have no time for eBay right now.

I wish I would have collected more comic books when I was younger. They are worth money. Sports cards are worth diddly dick for the most part.

same here
id love to get rid of my x,xxx