WTF Subaru? v. Car shopping

I’ll pretend you didn’t just suggest another VAG product. :zong: I swore them off again Wednesday when coolant was spilling all over the driveway because I had to put the front lock carrier into service mode to replace a sensor coolant temp sensor that was sending a faulty signal to the ECU, that was held in by a plastic clip that broke when I tried to remove it. Ultimately replacing the sensor didn’t work and it now seems that I have an ECU problem, not a sensor problem.

Yeah I may have to chokeabitch until she gives and admits that a scooby wagon would be ideal, despite the fact that she wouldn’t be excited. (Her mom just traded in her 2003 Forester, and had about 4 legacy wagons in a row before that.) Granted driving the Forester kind of sucked, but just a short throw would probably help immensely. So would a turbo. :snky:

Do all Subaru’s have loose/sloppy feeling shifters? Is it just a soft bushing or something? I guess their new outbacks aren’t so bad, but the last couple of Subaru’s they had all felt like you were rowing through the gears with a dildo.