WTF...TEXT MESSAGE? ??

[quote=“TORQDSS,post:17,topic:40023"”]

my email address at work is public so I get those in the email form all day long, usually 50-75 a day. its ridiculous that they are allowed to do that because it costs some people .10 everytime they send/receive a text message

[/quote]

I guess IT at your company is some major FALE then.

I’m shocked that it hasn’t been made illegal in the way fax spam was… it’s a similar situation.

fax:

1. costs money to receive (printing/paper)
  2. tying up the fax line for spam can prevent urgent messages from coming in (if you have a single fax line)

spam txt:

1. can cost money to receive
  2. receiving a spam txt can slightly delay some sort of ‘business critical’ texting… but if you are doing business critical texting you might want to get your head checked out.

[quote=“redrum,post:20,topic:40023"”]

did you put your cell number on a potentially shady website while making a purchase?

[/quote]

This is the only way I think my number got out, since I don’t post it publicly.

Reply with the word “stop” if that does not work try “cancel” obviously without the parenthesis.

FYI that usually only works for the Sub texts, which “accidentally” happens when someone signs up for something. Companies claim it as an error which was meant for someone else.

Yah I never got anything from any “spam” type people ever…and this woke me up last night and pissed me off. I think I will be going to verizon after work tomorrow and asking about it. This and jeep forum are the only places that would have my number.