WTF/WTR Tow Solution

So heres my deal…

I have a car that needs a tow from Buffalo to Northern Maryland (around 400 miles).

As always, I thought the shitty part would be finding a trailer, but I managed to lock one down a month back. Unfortunately all of my tow vehicle solutions have backed out and now I have no way of getting there.

So what I need to find is a cost effective solution of getting my car there April 3rd - April 4th. Im not necessarily asking to “rent your rig,” but more so if you have any ideas on how I can get there though other various sources. (If you have a truck available to borrow, that will work too).

I have already contacted a few members who looked into renting from Enterprise and attaching a tow hitch, but apparently their vehicles do not come with receivers.

Also, do not say UHaul rental truck as they charge per mile and will drive my cost up exponentially.

Please let me know if you have any solutions to my problem.

Thanks so much

my friends dad may be willing to drive his truck down there for ya if ya pay for gas and kick a lil bit of cash his way.Its a 05 silverado hd with the 6.0 it gets like 12mpg tho

Haha, if thats serious, I would love to keep the notion on the back burner.

From PA I assume?

ya let me ask him tonite and i will get back to ya

kid i work with has a f350 turbo diesel that he gets a hard on if he gets to use it for more then just driving to work and back home.

how much would you pay so i can ask um? Fuel plus how much?

I just called Enterprise and found out that the Amherst location has Tahoes available. If you give enough lead time perhaps this would be an option. Like I said in my pm, I think they have a factory recevier that you could just pop a hitch into. Worth looking into perhaps…

This may be great news. Which one in Amherst?

do those tahoes have the shitty bumper mounted one though?

just for reference here:

the last time i towed w/ a uhaul truck, the only vehical they had that the said would be capable of pulling itself, a dolly and a 92 GMC Jimmy was their 16 / 18 foot box truck

Cleveland to buffalo was $650 when all was said and done. (with ins on the dolly, but not the truck)

Hi

So I guess this is being bumped to an entire “need a truck to tow,” status.

So if you like last minute adventures with random strangers,

Enjoy driving 400 miles with 5000 lbs in tow,

And have a truck and the time to do these things,

This trip may be just for you :wink:

Im not expecting anything. I guess I have $100, gas and food to shell out but not much else :confused:

overnight road test a new pickup or something? if you are trying to make it a quick round trip.

Ya serious???

They wont care about the 800 additional miles on it? I have never even heard of “overnight road tests” anyways. What is that?

some (very few) dealers will let you take the vehicle home, lets you get better acquainted with all the features, but I would assume you need near perfect credit and a squeeky driving history. I would also assume if you brought it back with 800 more miles they would shit a brick

you dont seam to understand that i was reinforcing your statement about uhaul being expensive

hence the opening line which says “just for reference” instead of something like “hey, try this really shitty idea that will just bleed extra cash out of your wallet”

Ha, not really serious. I think the dealer would def be pissed!

Sure they will get pissed, but what can they do, its already done. And if you didnt sign a contract stating anything about mileage then you are good to go. might wanna slip the sales guy 40 bucks to keep his mouth shut. lol

Once a lot kid ‘borrowed’ a new ‘test drive’ A4 so we could drive down and pick up a tahoe from NJ then drive back with two cars, I really dont know why we didnt take either of ours, wasnt my idea. we had a dealer plate and everything. He even went through an ez-pass booth with out the scan thing and just paid at the next exit, they never sent a picture and ticket to the plate owner. lol…

Not many people pay attention to the mileage unless its zero. esp if its the one everyone test drives and it already has a few hundred miles on it.

I can do it next weekend 3rd-4th. But it is kinda out of my way so I would need a pretty reasonable offer.

:meh:

No offence, sorry but that is a pretty insulting offer. I was thinking closer to $300 and that is a really good deal. I might be able to do $250 depending on the car, but $100 is just not doable.