WTFIND: a somewhat "real job"

Well I can get ya a job at my 2nd job doing collections. Its right on Harlem accross from Hotdog Heaven near william. ALL the over time you could EVER want. If ya have a Security licence “or ever had” I can get ya a Unarmed job with a REALLY good company that I work for

collections has a really high turnover rate though. most companies cut you the second you don’t pull your weight.

Well a Friend of mine owns it. And he’s a millionare so Money is no object. And he’s really good on NOT cuttin ppl cause all your doing is collection on his accounts. But which ever, if nothing turns out for ya. Keep me in mind

scary when dan is right…

Jams dream job would be the taste tester at a scotch distillery, or a brewery.

here is some info:

American Brewers Guild
1001 Maple Street
Salisbury, VT 05769
Email: abg@abgbrew.com
Phone: (800) 636-1331
Fax: (802) 352-4641

Siebel Institute of Technology
When you think of Chicago and beer, the first thing that comes to mind might be Al Capone. However, the windy city has another connection to beer ÷ the Siebel Institute of Technology.

Lyn Kruger
President
Siebel Institute of Technology & World Brewing Academy
1777 North Clybourn Ave.
Suite 2F
Chicago, IL 60614-5520
Phone: (312) 255-0705
Fax: (312) 255-1312

become a server, get 2 years of experience, get the fuck out of there. become a server at a nice fucking place… IE a country club, or where ever… bam 100 bucks a night in tips…

a cousin worked at a country club she would sometimes get like 300-500 in tips on some nights.

then after country club experience… move out to like NYC or toronto, at some crazy high scale place… and bam golden

double word

unless you’re content with making 13.00 h/r the rest of your life (or you get lucky and can get in the door somewhere) I highly reccomend just going back and getting it out of the way. The older you get, the harder it gets

IDK… experience lots of times out weighs a degree… if he can find away to make what he has done already, seem appealing to some company… I don’t see the need for the degree…

my one questions… what the fuck are you doing as a pizza boy for the past 4 years… COME ON

I agree… I dont have a degree and managed to land a job in the field I was going to school for that has a pretty good future, but if it wasnt for that and I didnt go back to school, I’d probably still be cooking in a resturant.

it’s funny you mention that too, my boss always tells me that he’d hire someone with experiance over someone who has a piece of paper, but at the same time, getting the experiance/getting your foot in the door isnt always easy.

If you wanted to move to NYC i know of a few customer service jobs available.

ive been a functioning alcoholic.

i think im going to go talk to someone at ecc either today or tomorrow. i fucking hate school… hate it.

good man :tup: you’ll thank yourself later

Ive worked at crag burn golf club for 4 1/2 years started as a busser then became a server money is good not great and it a pretty upscale place there

13/hour, minus gas/wear&tear on your car = lose.

10/hour + health insurance = win

Do what I did, find a good job without a degree, then make them pay you to go back to school.

smartest response in the whole thread.

Ive been at my current company for a little under 3 years, and is one of my future options. Work during the day, school at night/evenings, paid for. Thats if i want to continue here. Most likely yes

Unless you know someone its hard to find a good job without a degree.

Even If you have a degree its hard to find a good job.

i make a minumum of $13/hr, its usually in the $15-20/hr range, sometimes as high as $23/hr when i feel like doing the math.

and ya, it sucks having to have 2 cars on the road in the summer, but i always have a winter beater ready… and im covered with health insurance until im 26, and dental until im 24 through my fathers insurance.

howie shoot me a pm if you know of any places like that, im sure they wouldn’t post it in the paper…

good jobs are rarely advertised

The only answer to this question should be “get a degree”

Figure out what you wanna do, seriously. I have so many friend running around with their degrees that are doing bitchwork for financial companies or whatever making jack shit a year.

It’s all about who you know, and to a lesser extent (depending on the type of career you are looking to get into) your schooling. What really helps you out : how well you can work with others. There is a thin line between kissing ass and melding well with others. You don’t seem to be some anti-social kid (according to your myspace at least lol). Work somewhere where you can meet people, and climb in ranks by meeting these people. A great recommendation from a reputable person/company goes a long way…

I’m saying this because i feel you. I’m not a normal “go to college, graduate, work” kid. I fucking hate school. I’ve taken a couple classes here and there for work, they are week long classes for stuff like Exchange clustering and EMC SAN administration shit, and some of it was boring, but I’ll tell you something : it’s a lot less boring when someone else is paying for it, AND you tend to pay more attention when you know that it will directly increase your worth to the company, and any future companies you may work for. Not to mention, the pay increase that should follow…