WTH: Pipe beveler.

Preferrably with a machine, and not an angle grinder :
Looking to bevel pipe about 1/4 inch thick, Carbon steel.
37.5 Degree angle to a point.

Or if anyone has anything useful that can bevel pipe for sale (those are expensive as hell)
My dad can bevel a few for me at his work, but I’m looking for a lot more than a few, and I don’t want to get him in trouble for machining stuff he isn’t supposed to be ;]

Oh, it’s pieces are about 5-6 inch tall, varies…
And between 2-6" dia.

What are you doing with the piping after it’s beveled? If you are welding them togeather or to a flange or whatever grinding a bevel would be just fine since it will be welded over anyway.

It only takes about an hour or two per pipe and makes my arms hurt like a biatch.
:\

WTF kind of grinder is taking that long? We hand bevel many of our pipes at work and it only takes a few minutes…

Whhaaaaaaaaaatttttttt? lol.
What kind of wheel are you using?

I’m usually just using some Makita angle grinder, with… some basic metal grinding wheel.

Bro a $10 grider from harbour freight and a good METAL grinding disk will bevel a pipe in minutes if used propperly. i used to pipe fit at work and thats all we used. Fast cheap and easy.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what a good metal grinding disk would be :stuck_out_tongue:
Will the ones from harbor freight work as well?

They work just fine. dont really last that long but for what you are doing they should be fine. Just buy a few of them.

mmmhmmm.
I guess I’ll run down there tomorrow morning then and give it a shot.
thanks.

use a vice if you have one. It will make it much easier than wrestling with the pipe on the floor.

Yeah, that’s how I did it before, except with a junky vice.
I’ll use my dad’s this time around ;D