XBOX 360 HD-DVD player plus 6 movies $49.99

I picked one up. No need to post HD dvd is dead.
Still a good deal on a DVD computer drive or something to watch HD DVD movies on for cheap.

i almost jumped on this earlier…still thinking about it. if you want to get some CHEAP hd movies. then this would be the way to go until the Bluray comes down. Moves will probably get even cheaper.

Its only $50 but I still have to ask: why buy a drive & movies in a format that will have less support then a “WTB:Monkey” thread on NYSpeed?

I hope that you got 6 movies that you really like. I wouldn’t want to bother dusting off the drive whenever I wanted to watch them.

I’ll wait until they are free thanks.

See also: Laser Disc

Eh, it’s not really even a good deal if you use it for your PC. I’d rather spend $50 on a real external DVD-drive supported for use on my PC if I needed an external DVD drive. The xbox drive isn’t supported as a PC device so any problems you have are YOUR problems, not tech supports.

Firesale on HDDVD!!

You also get the remote, plus I figure HD DVD movies will be stuiped cheap in the near future to buy.

As for the laser disc comment I would perfer to compare it to buying a Betamax player

If the selection is good its a pretty good deal, regular DVD is on its way out and you can’t get 6 regular dvd’s for 50 bucks. Annoying to have an extra drive sitting there though with all of the other electronic crap you ned these days.