Year end / Christmas Bonus...

what happens when you have no friends?

Should we discuss personal branding and marketing your self next?

I think “personal branding” is this years buzz phrase…

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:160,topic:39547"”]

Really thats not suprising though to be honest. Makes sense to me i also have views about surrounding yourself with the right people hahahahaha but we wont go into that. LOL you guys are making my day great.

[/quote]

You are really missing a HUGE HUGE part. Promotions, Discretionary Raises, Bonues, can be awfully political. Rarely does hard work get rewarded.

I’ve personally seen people completely fucking up, or just are a terrible worker get promoted, or get that job that everyone was bidding on, just for the fact that he/she was liked, and not about hard work or competency

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:163,topic:39547"”]

I’ve personally seen people completely fucking up, or just are a terrible worker get promoted, or get that job that everyone was bidding on, just for the fact that he/she was liked, and not about hard work or competency

[/quote]

you really shouldnt speak in the third person Dan, its rude

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:126,topic:39547"”]

Remember folks the most important thing in life is lying on the internet about how much you make at work :tup:

[/quote]

fixed

i get 50-100 for every year im here last year was $75 we will not find out till thursday what we will be getting :gotme: our ceo gets like 50k

You are really missing a HUGE HUGE part. Promotions, Discretionary Raises, Bonues, can be awfully political. Rarely does hard work get rewarded.

[/quote]

You are 100% correct on that. I wasnt trying to say my view is like the end all for what to do. I just think it helps and it has made me alot happier then i was before.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:162,topic:39547"”]

Should we discuss personal branding and marketing your self next?

I think “personal branding” is this years buzz phrase…

[/quote]

Really? Make a thread im always willing to hear something new.

I’m probably getting like $25 visa gift card. pretty much got the “Christmas is canceled” for my organization due to some team miles away from mine being on the failboat.

[/quote]

Failing upward runs rampant when there is no accountability.
you get to promise the world, and then try again when you fall flat on your face.

politics are important.
you must be a talented worker, but you need to have at least some social
skills to get ahead.

or spend millions on advertizing.
http://www.precizion.org/drvnkd/hugehugehuge.wav

AHHH for Christ sakes learn CSS… Frames ICK!

But yea, Its just a shame being in a job knowing you can do WAY better than your boss and knowing you have 5 months left and you are free!!

I really hate micro managing too… ick

Not sure what we get if anything, first year at this company. But I can tell you this: our medical/ dental plan sucks, thats where most of my x-mas money will be going this year. They fired our senior tech a few weeks ago, guess his Christmas Bonus came early this year

The last few years we have gotten a weeks salary. Occasionally they spring for another 1/2 week after the final numbers come out in Jan. This year, with the tgiving and xmas shutdowns we are having im guessing the number will be 0 weeks pay.

It really sucks because our product group is ahead of our targets but the other divisions suck, so we all get boned. Well all but the CEO, im sure he and his fn wife will still take home a few mil.

Dan

[quote=“eclipsed,post:157,topic:39547"”]

concerning yourself with other’s success from a perspective of jealousy and resentment will never get you to achieve your goals. concern yourself with and surround yourself with successful people, and figure out how to get to where they are, if that’s what you desire.

its a simple point, and it does have validity.

[/quote]

:word: Truth right there.

guys this thread is terrible… lol. Everyone is just trying to talk like they have everything in life figured out. No one has everything figured out, not even close.

You all fucking blow at something or most things, so do I (I mean I can’t really think of anything right now since im so fucking sweet at everything, but well, you know) :smiley:

[quote=“Shockwave179,post:174,topic:39547"”]

Truth right there.

[/quote]

I totally disagree, being jealous (wanting) of things you don’t have is exactly what does motivate people. If you didn’t give a shit about obtaining anything what exactly are you striving for?!

OMG that is not what he is saying. Instead of just hating on it he is saying to achieve it yourself. Shit man im convinced at this point you guys are simply looking for ways to tear down anything said by another member wtf.

[quote=“chino,post:175,topic:39547"”]

guys this thread is terrible… lol. Everyone is just trying to talk like they have everything in life figured out. No one has everything figured out, not even close.

You all fucking blow at something or most things, so do I (I mean I can’t really think of anything right now since im so fucking sweet at everything, but well, you know) :smiley:

I totally disagree, being jealous (wanting) of things you don’t have is exactly what does motivate people. If you didn’t give a shit about obtaining anything what exactly are you striving for?!

[/quote]

i dont have everything figured out. not even close. you are right. but that doesnt preclude me from having an opinion of cougarspeed getting shredded.

i am a decently objective thinker, even when it comes to situations involving myself (for the most part).

the thread was about xmas bonuses. lots of people getting big ones like to talk about it, lots of people getting big ones dont. but to rip people down because they are raking cash is stupid. to me, life is about positioning and balance. you want more $$$? further your education, network better, do the little things. or hate people who have what you want. doesnt matter to me.

also

there is a big difference in connotation between jealousy and desire.

jealousy = greed, envy, self loathing, feelings of helplessness to achieve one’s goals due to exterior hinderences beyond one’s control.

desire = wanting, striving, “do what it takes” mentality, positive motion, sense of empowerment.

desire gets people to where they want to. NOT jealousy.

I fo sho dont know shit one of my stocks is down over 16%…TODAY WTF? I was going to consider this months earnings my christmas bonus.(goes cry in corner)

[quote=“chino,post:175,topic:39547"”]

[/quote]

No one ever said they had life figured out or that they don’t suck at stuff lol…

I was just agreeing that sitting around hating on others for having desirable possessions all day won’t get you very far in life.