yellow bulbs, so are they illegal?

Spd Admin…that is US laws. Not being a dick but you can find the canadian laws in my last post.

And Frozen, read the subsections.

and Logic, amber is NOT orange. They refer to green yellow and red traffic lights as green amber and red.

Im out of this thread, its retarded.

uh… are you new?

the ONTARIO Highway Traffic Act is “US laws”?

um, ok.

He saw it mention US compliance and made a leap of logic.

hmm, guys like DubV rock it with no problems :slight_smile:

i have had the “yellow” nokia bulbs for a couple years been pulled over for a it a few times but i have a copy of the HTA and have show the officer a couple times that i am awear of the law and it does say amber or white facing headlights i have been let go eveytime. and i just dont give him any attitude. so far so good…we will see this year

give him attitude

hes a stupid fuck wasting your time

power tripping useless fucks!

soo… is this what i tell the cops when i get pulled over??

Attachment that affects lamps prohibited
(7) No person shall drive upon a highway a motor vehicle if either or both of the lamps that are required on the front of the vehicle by subsections (1), (2) and (3),
(a) are coated or covered with a coloured material; or
(b) have been modified by the attachment to the lamps or the motor vehicle of any device that reduces the effective area of the lenses or the intensity of the beam of the lamps. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 19 (1).
Exception
(7.1) Clause (7) (a) does not apply if the lamps are of the prescribed type or meet the prescribed standards. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 19 (1).

I use to rock the 3000k lights never had a problem from cops tho it does cause them to stare. I read the laws before hand and they are legal from my comprehension but in reality it’s just another reason for them to pull you over. After rocking them for a while I realized I didn’t like all the positive attention I was now getting from ricers so I switched to the night hawks or w/e the brightest whitest ones ct tire sells for h4. If you don’t need extra attention towards your car, keep yellow as fog lights.

i know where i am. any rookie pig will pull you over if your car looks any bit modified. i drove my s13 on a yellow dealer plate for 3 months bone stock. NEVER got pulled over. plated it and made it all legit. put my 8000k headlights. xenon daytimes, 180 park lamps, complete exhaust, rims, springs, intake all gradually. and the more i do, the more i get harassed. and it is NEVER the veterans. always newbs. i never dish attitude till they do. try to be nice and it don’t work

last months i got an unnecesary noise. after initially being pulled over for my exhaust. he asked if i had ever been arrested for anything to do with the racing/50km/h over law. i said no. because i never had been. he came and told me i’m giving you this ticket because you lied to me about being arrested. i was arrested at 13 years old! should not even show up on my record as i am now 20. so i got pissed and asked him basically what the fuck? he just said have a wonderful night with a huge smile. fuckin red head rookie fuck.

if anyone knows d/town brampton. 3 am. drive down main. everything echoes. that is where he nailed me. around the corner from my house. just pure bullshit. i can go on about this all day. i have fuckin 4 cars now. golf gl 92, s13, s15, s10. s10 is lifted get rammed all day long cause of it. yet only when it’s ciovered in mud?

all i’m saying is that something has to be done. i know it never will. but it should. fuckin power trips. i agree with sasha 100%.

FUCK THE POLICE

I have them. Their fine. Cops are retarded. just take it to court, bring a copy of the HTA with you, and you will get off. be sure to laugh at the cop on your way out too. They make you feel like an idiot for having them, so make them feel like an idiot for not knowing their own job…Just makes sure its bulbs and not tinted glass on the outside and your fine…

1. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1).

Attachment that affects lamps prohibited

(7) No person shall drive upon a highway a motor vehicle if either or both of the lamps that are required on the front of the vehicle by subsections (1), (2) and (3),

(a) are coated or covered with a coloured material; or

(b) have been modified by the attachment to the lamps or the motor vehicle of any device that reduces the effective area of the lenses or the intensity of the beam of the lamps. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 19 (1).

i agree with you that most of it is bullshit and yes, it’s profiling

except for one thing.

8000K colored lights are terrible, and a lot of times just plain dangerous

theres no reason to run lights that blue other than thinking “it looks cool”

there aren’t enough people getting stopped for having glaring, blinding, improperly aimed or totally unaimed blue lights

My friend has had yellow fogs and headlights for 3 months, he has only been stopped once for having the wrong license plate light colour. . . . . so stupid, cops honestly have nothing better to do. Thats the way the world works.

agreed.

yet when your lights are aimed and do not glare, are not blinding etc etc. whats the problem. ask anyone that has seen my car. the lights are not retarded. i just think it’s plain ignorance on the officers part. power trip