yellow bulbs, so are they illegal?

I was just wondering, i have had my balls broken by the feds twice in the last little while. I have h4 housing with yellow bulbs, NO YELLOW TINT. It was my understanding that it is illegal to tint your headlights but other than that you can have yellow, white, or arctic white(blue-ish) bulbs. I asked the cop to show me in writing what im doing wrong and he just kinda gaveme the runaround and left without writing a ticket. The first cop a few weeks back was a bitch and wrote the ticket anyways.

I have been told by shift_ka24det that they are legal as he used them in his s13, i have also had numerous other son members they are legal including 2g, and multi sync…

i just wanted to get some other members opinions

thanks

as i recall headlight must be whtie or amber in colour

From what ive heard yellow is totally legal…im not sure if you gotta have a white or …regular light with it and they are legal as fog lights only or …what the rule is …i have yellow headlights on my winter beater …better for snow haha…

well white would just be regular bulbs non yellow(amber) in colour

yeah it does sey yellow is legal tho your likely to continue to harrassed for it jsut because it’s a bit odd

yellow is only legit for AUX lighting… NOT as primary lighting

and no im not showing it to you in writing.

GT

I painted my DRL bulbs yellow and did the “keep the DLR’s on all the time mod…”. No hassel, but I think it dosen’t matter what colour they are… but I could be wrong… Oh well jdm tyte!

cops are fucking stupid

one pig told me fog lights were illegal to have on

im like WTF

hes like turn your fog lights off

im like are you fucking joking me right now?

fucking re dick you less

the effectiveness of yellow bulbs in the snow/rain/fog has never really been proven

france had yellow bulbs mandatory for all vehicles for awhile… then they switched to white

i forget what ontario law says about it… one day maybe ill look it up

thats what they tried to say to ‘twotone-twoforty’ last night on the way to my house

the yellow’s get him pulled over once in a while

but yesterday he was pissed off by the cop saying “fog lights ARENT supposed to be on in this weather”

my friend said “those are my headlights”

the cop responded “oh okay, well im going to give you a ticket”

my friend said “I already have one of these tickets, and until you show me this law on paper I wont accept the ticket”

The went back to the car, 5 minutes later let him drive off…

just stupidines

the law is u can only have 4 lights shinning forward max aka 2 headlights 2 foglights

and yellow is illegal for driving lights… not for foglights.

Enough with the hearsay. Read the facts. Section 62. And be sure to read the subsections.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK110

Ya you guys are right. Fuck cops.

Thats cool now right?

thats what i was lookin for couldnt find it

amber = orange

I believe they are talking about parking lights in that article.

read my above post and stop questioning it.

that is correct.

and the can not have fog lights on if not needed is silly… clearly any oem lighting can be turned on at any time leagaly…

GT

Vehicles with right hand drive

1. Every vehicle that is equipped with a right hand drive shall, unless it is equipped with a mechanical or electrical signal device as described in subsection 142 (6), have prominently displayed on the rear thereof, in bold face letters of not less than 50 millimetres in height and of a colour which is in contrast to that of the vehicle, the words,

“RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE”.

Interesting…

^^^but that doesn’t matter because all of our cars have functioning turn signals so we don’t need those stupid right hand drive signs, I should know as I own a rhd silvia and researched it, maybe if your car is really old as hell like were taking 1970s lol

HTA Regulation 596

4.1 (1) A headlamp that emits a white light only may be coated or covered with a coloured material if the headlamp,

(a) is a halogen sealed beam lamp,

(i) that complies with,

(A) the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards 49CFR571.108, as it reads on the day this section comes into force, including being marked by the manufacturer with the manufacturer’s name or trademark and the DOT symbol, or

(B) clause 108.1 (a) (iii) of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations SOR/78-257 made under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada), as it reads on the day this section comes into force, including being marked by the manufacturer with the manufacturer’s name or trademark, the ECE symbol (a circle surrounding the letter E) and a designation commencing with the letter H, and

(ii) that was manufactured with a coating or covering of coloured material; or

(b) contains one or more replaceable halogen bulbs,

(i) that comply with,

(A) the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards 49CFR571.108, as it reads on the day this section comes into force, including being marked by the manufacturer with the manufacturer’s name or trademark, the DOT symbol and the bulb type, or

(B) clauses 108.1 (a) (i) and (ii) of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations SOR/78-257 made under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada), as it reads on the day this section comes into force, including being marked by the manufacturer with the manufacturer’s name or trademark, the ECE symbol (a circle surrounding the letter E) and a designation commencing with the letter H, and

(ii) that were manufactured with a coating or covering of coloured material. O. Reg. 213/03, s. 2.

(2) Sub-subclauses (1) (a) (i) (B) and (1) (b) (i) (B) apply with necessary modifications to a replacement halogen sealed beam lamp or a replacement halogen bulb as if it were a halogen sealed beam lamp or a halogen bulb connected to a headlamp assembly by the manufacturer of the motor vehicle. O. Reg. 213/03, s. 2.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply if the halogen sealed beam lamp or replaceable halogen bulb,

(a) is connected to a headlamp assembly or installed on a motor vehicle for which it is not designed;

(b) is coated or covered with a coloured material after its manufacture; or

© is altered after its manufacture, other than as described in clause (b). O. Reg. 213/03, s. 2.

Keep your headlights white, and your fogs yellow. Everyone’s happy, amirite?

But it’s a lot cooler to have yellow headlights. Everyone now has those blue xenon headlights. Yellow is the new trend.